What kind of lunch box do you have? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 9, '08 by locolorenzo22I don't worry about it...I leave it in a plastic bag for the 20 mins it takes to get it to work and put it in the fridge....then keep the other stuff in my locker. My roommate's been using MY cooler though, it's a 12 buck cheapo from wally world, but it's been fine for the last 3 years....so I have better stuff to spend my money on...
- Jul 9, '08 by hikernurseQuote from karenGSnort. Hard to pick those up at CVS...lunch box..
over here that is a slang term for certain parts of a mans anatomy!
I take the reusable/disposable plastic containers. That way I don't mind if it gets stolen from the fridge...and what kind of person steals lunches anyway...sigh.
Sometimes I'll go all out and take some Tupperware, but mostly I don't care that much .
- Jul 9, '08 by emnicamsOur bosses gave us these giant insulated bags a few months ago. They are nice, with mesh pockets and zippers, and I've started carrying my lunch in that. I just put my food in a plastic Walmart bag and put it in the fridge when I get to work. I leave my snacks in the insulated bag. I could never find a "lunch box" big enough (I feel funny saying that now that I know that term has another meaning, haha). Anyway, I'm a big snacker at work so this little system has worked well for me. I also keep my "nursey" supplies and stethoscope in the bag.
- Jul 9, '08 by chrissypsychRN09Quote from lucky1RNWow...that is seriously cool. Now, what do you have for lunch that fits in that?http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-Bent...5605949&sr=8-1
This is what I use and I love it. But it was a gift and $50 is kinda steep for a lunch box.
- Jul 9, '08 by IndyThe big almost-a-cooler bag from walmart works for me; it holds enough drinks, water bottle, lunch, snacks, condiments, silverware, etc. for a shift.
I work with someone who bought a diaper bag and uses that. It's a giant, insulated bag with pockets and you wouldn't know it's a diaper bag unless she told you. The more stuff I take to work with me, the less I go put money in the snack machine.
- Jul 9, '08 by lucky1RNQuote from dolcebellalunaIt depends. I usually use 1 container for salad, 1 for cut up fruit, 1 for veggies, and 1 for rice/beans/whatever protein product I'm having that day (I don't eat animal products). I like it because it fits perfect portion sizes for me. And well, I'm a little crazy but I love how every thing ends up so neat and tidy and stacked together.Wow...that is seriously cool. Now, what do you have for lunch that fits in that?
On the days I don't pack it, like most others, I just throw a frozen meal and some snacks in a plastic bag.
Luckily I work in a small 15 bed unit and we don't steal from each other.
- Jul 9, '08 by Blove86I purchased a lunch box from Target that was around 8 bucks. Its pretty durable and has antimicrobial lining, the only problem is it is so small ugh. Im thinking once I start Nursing school I will invest in a lunch pal that has those properties and roomy, although truthfully if someone steals my lunch, I become quite an ass when I dont have any food in my stomach!