Take a deep breath and carry onRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Take a deep breath and carry on in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... Had one of Those Nights last night. Pts complaining about everything, drama queens, coworkers...by NurseOnAMotorcycle Jan 28, '12Had one of Those Nights last night. Pts complaining about everything, drama queens, coworkers picking on each other... I just felt like complaining a bit. Here goes:
What was I thinking when I became a nurse?!
Ok, I feel better.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=667701©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 28, '12 by ChrissyRN74What was I thinking when I became a nurse?!That you looked good in scrubs? Haha sorry I could not resist. I'm sorry that you had a bad night. Get some sleep and I hope you feel better.
- Jan 28, '12 by rose-n-arrowsI had that very thought last night....Had a ridiculous night. Now I'm rested, fed and ready for another day.
- Jan 28, '12 by NurseOnAMotorcycleWell, I do look pretty good in scrubs... LOL. Thanks for the pick-me-ups.
- Jan 28, '12 by NoviceRN10Shoot, I think that same thing practically every night I work.
- Jan 28, '12 by hoopschickHad the same thought this AM as I was trying to leave and had a reluctant relief nurse delaying taking report. Why put up with this? Can I become a dog walker this late in life??
Went to sleep, now awake with a cold. Oh well...another 12 hours tonight of getting slammed with the weary, weak and wacky.
- Jan 28, '12 by tokmomMy second job will be a dog groomer. I can muzzle my clients..
- Jan 29, '12 by CheesePotatoOn my rough days, I find myself wondering the same thing....and then I remember what I was thinking when I decided to be a nurse:
If a Twinkie falls in the woods, would it still survive a nuclear blast?
But enough musings about sunshine colored puffed pastries stuffed with stardust, rainbows, and the tears of angels all swirled together into some strange concoction like so much manna from heaven.
In my rough days, when the world has decided that rightSTATnow everything must short out, blow apart, crash over, try to die or just...go so wrong so quickly, I sometimes find myself daydreaming about what I would like to be when I grow up.
You see, I want to be a pirate.
A proper pirate.
I will have many minions, a stout fleet of ships, and plenty of stock of canons, shells and powder. I will pillage and plunder and terrorize the high seas. I may even consider growing a beard to offset my newly acquired snaggle tooth. I will be missing a leg. Absolutely. But my wooden peg will house a small cask of ale so I may take a nip to keep my bones warm on the most chilled nights at sea.
I be known to all lan'lubbers as the Great Captain BloodyMary the Frilly. But do not let me name fool ye.
I be merciless. Tyrannous. Yar! Thar be no name more afeared than that o' the great BloodyMary. Me parrot be named Tuttle an' his song can summon the Kraken ou' the chilled bones o' the blimey deep!
Not that I've given this any thought or anything.
I wonder what it would be like to be a ninja.....
- Jan 29, '12 by goats'r'uswhat was i thinking becoming a nurse?
that i'd snag myself a hot young doctor to whisk me away.
unfortunately, i've since learned that most available doctors are that way for a reason (and look like godzilla's uncle)
- Jan 29, '12 by ChrissyRN74[QUOTE=goats'r'us;6099773]what was i thinking becoming a nurse?...........That no matter how hard I try Oprah won't adopt me. Sigh