- by rotersldr May 8, '10I need to sue if I have been a victim of slander. The fall of nursing school a nurse that worked at the facility that I was doing clinicals, spread rumors about me. She told the nurses on the unit I was doing clinical gossip which caused me emotional distress and almost prevented me from securing my degree and nursing license. Is there anyway I can take legal action? The slander has jeopardized my career, as I am unable to secure a job because of it.
- May 8, '10 by madfowlI went through this. First gather as much evidence as possible. You need to be able to prove it in court. Contact a lawyer, s/he will be able to take it from there. BTW, also call it harrassment, verbal abuse and lateral violence.
Also get used to the fact that you are working in the most gossipy profession there is. Think really hard if you want to do this for the rest of your life.
- May 8, '10 by HonestRNWhy wasn't this issue dealt with when you were in clinical? Was your clinical instructor aware of this? Can you prove this is why you can not secure a job?
I ask because I had a similar situation in nursing school, got an attorney to write a letter and all was done with, no more problems.
- May 8, '10 by caeRnwow what a mess, i sorry this has happened to you...
good luck and take care.
- May 9, '10 by Silverdragon102as per terms of service we are not able to provide legal advice.
this is not a legal advice bulletin board
this is a board for nurses and nurses-to-be to discuss primarily nursing issues. this is not a free legal advice board. please be aware that allnurses.com cannot be responsible for problems resulting from reliance on legal advice received here. if you have a legal problem, please seek legal counsel.