Should I bring treats on my last day of work?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Should I bring treats on my last day of work? in General Nursing Discussion, part of General Nursing ... It will be my last day of work soon and there are about 30 people I work with. Is it common...by esunada Aug 21, '12It will be my last day of work soon and there are about 30 people I work with. Is it common courtesy to bring treats on your last day of work or does the supervisor/coworkers normally bring something? If I should bring something, should I bring cookies, candy, brownies, or what do you guys think?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=775155©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 21, '12 by kona2My experience has been that treats are always appreciated. :-) Enjoy your last day!
- Aug 21, '12 by AeternaWhere I work, it's usually the other way around - the staff get the person who's leaving something! But, I'm sure they would not mind if you brought a little something on your last day. Heck, I even bring treats to work for no reason at all (I like to bake sometimes and I live alone, so I bring what I bake to work so I don't end up eating the whole batch myself!) and everyone loves it.
- Aug 21, '12 by beekerYes! There is only one right answer to your question and it is yes. We love treats.
- Aug 21, '12 by NurseCardAbsolutely. Um... I like those peanut butter balls that are dipped in chocolate.
Bring some of those.
- Aug 21, '12 by proud nurseIn July, I left a job I had been working at for over 6 years. Only a few people knew I was leaving, but only my DON knew the date. Anyway, there were no treats. I left the job on good terms, but I slipped out of there very quietly. That's the way I wanted it.
If you like the people you work with and will miss them, treats are a great idea. Most of my co-workers I didn't care for, so again no treats, lol.
One random night about a week before my last day, I decided to order pizza and wings for my unit that consisted of 6. They didn't know it at the time but that secretly was our party.