Hello krazykate! Welcome to Allnurses! I noticed your post hadn't been responded to as yet, so wanted to drop in and say "hello" and to welcome you so you wouldn't feel ignored or anything. Please stay around....others will come! :kiss
In answer to your questions, I'll attempt to answer them as best I can. Here goes:
1) The only assumption I had about entering nursing was if I could make the grades to graduate from college. Well....I graduated with a 3.4 GPA......so that assumption has been resolved for almost 16 years now. :chuckle
2) As a professional nurse, I view myself as a professional who treats the sick under the medical care of plan prescribed by each of my patients physicians. I view myself as being a very valuable part of the healthcare team.
3) The most important and unique part of being a nurse for me is being able to really help someone improve the course of their life by not only being the nurse who ministers to them from a physical aspect, but from a psychosocial aspect as well.
4) My hopes and dreams for nursing is to return to nursing after having been off 5 years now due to health reasons. I will take a nursing refresher course in order to update my skills and critical thinking avenues to enable me to accomplish my hopes and dreams in that respect.
5) The values and beliefs that will guide my path in nursing are the same values and beliefs that guide my path of life in every other aspect. I believe in striving to live like my Lord and Savior taught me to live, and when I fail at trying, I pick myself up and begin again. That way....I never fail......for failure only happens when one gives up the struggle to live and coexist with others in a nonperfect world! :kiss
I hope my answers help you somewhat. Feel free to ask me anything/anytime, and again....great to have you aboard with Allnurses! 99% of us are 'A-OKAY' to get to know......and the other 1% are here to teach us HOW NOT TO BEHAVE!