PerDiem - can I work for more than one company?Register Today!
- by beat2beat Jun 2, '09Hi everyone,
I have a question about correct per diem protocol. I have just started orientation for a per diem position at a substance abuse recovery program and got a phone call today from a psych hospital also offering per diem work.
Am I allowed to work for two companies per diem? Since hours aren't guaranteed I thought it may be o.k. Do I have to tell each employer that I am also per diem somewhere else? I would love to stay with one place, but I may not get enough hours at just one place to add up to full time hours. Any one have any ideas about this?
- 693 Views
- Jun 2, '09 by snowyRNI work perdiem for two different hospitals and there has never been an issue!
- Jun 2, '09 by roser13My understanding of per diem work is that you work are you are able. I don't see anything wrong with working for half a dozen employers, per diem.
- Jun 2, '09 by caliotter3I have worked for as many as four home health employers at one time. Nurses typically work for more than one agency at a time. Keeping your employers abreast of your availability and your schedule managed is up to you. A good day planner and a system usually keeps you at the right place at the right time.
- Jun 2, '09 by Ginger's MomYes you can, just keep you schedules straight.
- Jun 2, '09 by diane227Of course as long as you don't book yourself at both facilities at the same time. I will suggest that you make sure you don't cancel one place to work at the other. All the managers know each other and I guarantee you will get caught.
- Jun 3, '09 by coppertopRNDitto to all of the above. Good luck!
- Jun 3, '09 by RNandRRTThe only problem i have ever seen is the requirements. A lot of places around here have holiday and weekend requirements for their per diem's, and sometimes those end up crossing over each other. A good open relationship with your managers usually helps alleviate any of those headaches.