Patricia Benner's Nursing Theory
- 0Apr 5, '09 by BlessedRoseRNHello All,
I need some examples of Benner's Theory in clinical practice. I have searched and searched and have yet to find some. Can anyone recommend some sites I can use? Thanks.
- 0Apr 5, '09 by llg GuideI'm surprised that you are having trouble. What databases are you using? Are you searching professional journals? ... or just looking for internet sites that discuss her theory?
Benner's work is often used as the foundation for Staff Development Programs (e.g. orientation programs) and clinical ladders. Do a search of professional nursing literature that focus of those two aspects of practice and you are sure to find lots of articles.
- 0Apr 5, '09 by BlessedRoseRNI need to find examples of Benner's Theory used in clinical practice. I know alot of hospitals use it but I only found one hospital so far that has it documented and how they use it. I need a few more examples. I will try the nursing literature like u suggested. Thanks.
- 2Apr 5, '09 by herring_RN GuideRead the book. It is GOOD!
From Novice to Expert
Patricia Benner, R.N., Ph.D.
Here is an article on a different subject.
Attached is an article referencing her workLast edit by herring_RN on Jun 13, '09
- 0Apr 30, '09 by JLIZ23Hello...
I'm new to this site as of today. I noticed you were looking for examples used in clinical practice for Patricia Benner theorist. I am also looking for information and am having a hard time on line. Can you direct me to a website, or where I may obtain information? Thank you!