NELRP 2013 - Who else applied? - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 7 by wife&mommyRNThanks CHCRN!!!!! That link really helps to ease some of my anxiety Notifications are still in Sept/ Oct, but I see many past recipients were notified starting in August (being hopeful
- Mar 7 by wife&mommyRNEverytime I try to activate the participant account, it won't let me. Anyone else having this problem?
- Mar 9 by mschyckrnI don't think you can access the participant account you have to go to applicant for now. Participant is someone already accepted to the program.
- Mar 10 by StaceeRNQuote from ricki76They have always allowed consolidated loans, as long as they are consolidated before the application deadline OR after you are awarded (do not consolidate between the two) AND the loans that were consolidated were acquired by you to go towards your nursing degree (can't include spouse's loans or loans acquired for a different degree in the consolidation.)Hi, this is my second time applying for the program, didn't get it last year. It really does take as long as they say, I believe I got my rejection email in September. They don't tell you why you didn't qualify, but I'm sure mine is because I work at a non-DSH hospital and so I'm in tier 4. I don't actually know how many tiers they got to last year but I'm guessing most of the awards were in tier 1 or 2. I have a high debt:income ratio but since I work at a non-DSH I am thinking I'm not super likely to get it this year but it doesn't hurt to apply anyways. I figure I'll keep applying every year until the loans are payed off....
One thing I noticed is different this year is that they used to not accept loans that had been consolidated, now you can have consolidated loans but they must have been consolidated before the application was submitted.
- Mar 25 by LOVE2SPAThank you CHCRN...I was looking for the link to the log in.
- Mar 30 by josienurseHi there! I'm in the waiting club too! In reading last year's thread, seems like some people noticed changes with their application in late march or early april....anyone seen anything?
- Mar 31 by mschyckrnQuote from josienurseHi there! I'm in the waiting club too! In reading last year's thread, seems like some people noticed changes with their application in late march or early april....anyone seen anything?
What kind of changes would we see? I have seen under review since the day after the deadline date. Is this your first time applying? Its kind of nerve wrecking. I want to go on and check everday and I know most people said you won't hear anything until after June. I'm really hoping this year is different.
- Apr 1 by josienurseYeah this is my first year and I'm worried I somehow didn't do it right. And for some reason my facility's rating wasn't updated since like 2005 or so.
I guess when I read the 2012 thread again, it seems like they saw changes in April not March. Something about when you go to your application review, you can see a few files added in, like a credit check or something. And I have no idea if having that in your file translated to later being awarded or if it happened to everyone or what.
I am dying to know. i HATE waiting!!!
- Apr 1 by wife&mommyRNI know what you mean!!! No changes for me, just says Under Review I will keep checking, hopefully no news means good news.
- Apr 3 by mschyckrnQuote from wife&mommyRNYeah, I think we are still in the clear for now but I will start worrying more close to June if I haven't heard anything.I know what you mean!!! No changes for me, just says Under Review I will keep checking, hopefully no news means good news.