Looking for some quotes for our pinning ceremony.....
- 0Feb 12, '03 by WI-RN2beDoes anyone out there have some inspirational thoughts or quotes? We are planning for our pinning ceremony and would like to have one placed on the program. Also during our video presentation ( pics and music realated to our last 2 years).
If anyone has some ideas please help.
- 15,468 Views
- 0Feb 15, '03 by justjillhi sarah!! i have quite a few.....we used one for our dedication ceremony
Lord, please help me
Comfort where there is pain
Courage where there is fear
Hope where there is despair
Acceptance when the
end is near
A touch gentle with
Let me dedicate my life today to the care of those who come my way.
Let me touch each one with healing hand and the gentle art for which I stand.
And then tonight when day is done, O let me rest in peace if I have helped just one.
those were a couple we were thinking about using...hope they help. good luck!
- 0Feb 15, '03 by Agnus"It doesn't matter how strong your opinions are. If you don't use your powr for positve change, you are indeed, part of the problem." Cooretta Scott King.
"I really do have to be the best me at all times because I just don't know who is watching my demonstration and taking notes." Steve Kolkmeyer, Cincinnati Real Estate Agent.
Senator John Tyler was a man who built his life around the courage of his convictions. Consequently, people trused him enough to elect him Priesident of the United States.
An example of his ability to do what he believed was right, in spite of its unpopularty, occurred once when he was caught up in a critical Senate vote. His vot was the deciding vote and the pressure from is collegues was tremendous. His name was called and Tyler voted his conscience. He voted against the pressure. Feeling the weight of his vote, he visibly slumped in his seat.
At that moment there was only shocked and unbelieving silence in the great hall. Tyler then arose and walked out, as one write puts it, "in the proud company of his own self-respect." He know that exercising the courage to make those difficult decisions is pare of building a life that matters.
"Our freedom is not in bing saved troubles, but is the freedom to take trouble for our own good, and make the trouble an element in our joy" Rabindranath Tagore - Hindu
- 1Feb 15, '03 by AgnusLord thank you for all these medicines that need to be administered by 9 oclock. They will ease my patients' suffering.
Thank you for the pile of dirty sheets on hospital beds. They are so warm and comfortable for our patients. There are those with no beds for the sick.
Thank you for the dressings to be changed. They show me your healing.
Thank you for all the charting to be done it's a record that I made a difference today.
Lord the prescence of all thes chores awaiting me says, You have richly blessed my life. I shall do them cheerfully and I shall do them gratefully.
(this is an adaptation I made to a email passed from an unknown
source. It focused on house hold tasks, and family life. It actually had more and you could add more or different lines as you like. )
- 0Apr 6, '04 by mandykalThis is definitely not for the ceremony but I just like the thought of "Inspirational quotes." Here's one:
If your looking for a "perfect person" for that "perfect relationship," you're gonna be looking the rest of your life. A perfect relationship is when two "different people" understand their differences and enjoys them.
(I got that off from some Aol profile)
- 0Apr 8, '04 by LPN2BSNLive your life while you have it. Life is a splendid gift. There is nothing small about it
The cautious seldom err.
The Confucian Analects
What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful.
It is a kingly act to assist the fallen.
- 0Apr 10, '04 by orrnloriSometimes you just have to make the leap and build your wings on the way down.
Don't know the author. We used this quote at our pinning ceremony when recognizing the instructors for all their hard work. We used it in conjuction with the statement that they had done their jobs well, but it was now time for us to leave the nest and build our wings using the knowledge they had given us.
I've always loved the quote. People were crying by the time I got done reading our tribute to our education and where we were about to go with our dreams.
- 0Apr 11, '04 by donmurrayI like the "wings" quote, it was Kobi Yamada.
"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
"We are on this earth to do good for others. What the others are here for, I don't know."
-W H Auden
"If "A" is success in life, then A = x+y+z. Where "x" is work, "y" is play, and "z" is keeping your mouth shut!"