How much per semester did you nursing school cost?
- 0Dec 2, '07 by 5860TomCatHello,
I noticed on the "how did you pay for your nursing school" forum that some people needed drastically different amounts of money to get through school.
So I am curious,
what type of degree did you get, BSN, LPN etc..
once in you major how long does it take to graduate going full time
and how much does it cost per semester?
I am getting a BSN, My school raised tuition last fall, it is now a little over 9,000 dollars a semester and it takes 5 semesters to graduate, once you get into the program...
What is like at differnt universitys/ schools/programs?
- 0Dec 2, '07 by linzzIn Ontario, we have only two levels of nurses now, RPN (LPN) is now 2-2.5 years long and it is about $1300 for each semester (4-5 semesters) and the traditional BSN which is $4600. per semester (8 semesters). There are also RPN bridge programs which are anywhere from 4- 6 semesters. Yes, we sure like to keep our programs long up here in the north.
- 0Dec 2, '07 by mercyteapotQuote from MeghanRNDid you go to Duquesne? (I did!) I went on their website and they're up into the 30s for the year now.BSN program (so 4 years)
Total cost for all 8 semesters: 100,000
1 year =25,000
1 semester = 12,500.
Private Catholic College in Pennsylvania. I graduated in 2005.
Thank God for Scholarships and Grants ( I only have 30k in student loans).
- 0Dec 2, '07 by TexasPediRNQuote from mercyteapotNope.Did you go to Duquesne? (I did!) I went on their website and they're up into the 30s for the year now.
I went to College Misericordia, in Dallas, PA (Right outside of Scranton/Wilkesbarre)
School prices are just crazy lately- cant hardly wait till I have children and have to send them..ugh..
- 0Dec 2, '07 by pugmamaThe class itself and fees for the school (nursing supply kit, technology fee, ATI testing, etc.) were about $1100 per quarter. Total of 6 quarters of nursing school at an ADN program.
I always apply for financial aid. Don't forget--you can apply online starting Jan. 01 on the FAFSA site.
That is the cost we had to pay the school--does not include books. I am not counting the prereq classes.
I must say that I just finished!!
Candlelighting is in a week. HOLLA!
- 0Dec 3, '07 by studentnursecaliADN program in central California. Must complete LVN 1 year (3 semester program) and 1 year (2 semester) RN program. It is a step-ladder program. Each year a total of about 3,000.00 which includes books, uniforms, skills kit, background check, etc... So about 6,000.00 plus for the entire program! That's not including pre-req classes.
Good deal though and good program!