How to calculate body burn percentage?Register Today!
- by lovehospital Apr 19, '09I'm learning about burns in my class,anyone has idea?
- Apr 19, '09 by NurseKatie08If you're learning about burns, you should have been taught the Rule of 9's....look that up, that should help.
- Apr 20, '09 by Andrew, RNGoogle "Rule of Nines"
That's the general guideline to base your lacted ringers fluid resus for the patient. There is one for adults and peds.
- Apr 20, '09 by joshuahaGoogle the Parkland-Baxter formula,
- Apr 20, '09 by XB9Slovehospital take a look in the burns nursing section of this site.
The rule of 9's is a rapid assessment tool, I used to use the Lund and Browder chart. It is supposed to be more accurate for estimating burns surface area when I worked in burns
Here are some links that may help as well