Help with abbreviationsRegister Today!
- by mlee9985 Feb 1, '09Please help to interpret:
NTG 1/150 sl prn chest pain
what does NTG stand for?
What does sl stand for?
- 4,005 Views
- Feb 1, '09 by Bortaz, RNAgain, it's Nitroglycerin, sublingual.
- Feb 1, '09 by mamasonYou know, I had a difficult time with abbreviations in nursing school. It is just one of those things that you get used to. Repetition. The abbreviations will get easier to understand the more you see them.
- Feb 1, '09 by Mr IanI think it was GTN over UK Glycerin Tri Nitrate or something....
mweh.. what do I know? I'm psych.
I'd be like.... "you look pale mate ... let's get you out in the sun"
- Feb 1, '09 by MaryPushMany facilities' medical records departments have an "approved abbreviations" list and only those abbreviations are permitted in charting. In my experience, it has been found in a polices and procedures manual. Also, the med rec dept would probably be glad to print a copy for you if you have trouble locating one.
- Feb 1, '09 by Daytonitentg 1/150 sl prn chest pain
nitroglycerin 1/150 sublingual prn chest pain