Current students in Chamberlain Online RN-BSNRegister Today!
- by blueheaven Jan 24, '09I am interested in this program and would like to hear both good and bad from anyone is has gone or is currently attemding Chamberlain.:heartbeat
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=364964©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Jan 24, '09 by susannycI'm currently taking my 3rd course with them and enjoy the program very much.
What would you like to know?
- Jan 24, '09 by luv2yogaI'm on class #5. I think it's great. I really liked my Nursing Research class, I learned a lot and it was very challenging. I find it very do-able to work full time and take one on-line class. I could do two, but it would be stressful. Chamberlain is not cheap, but they took all my transfer classes and they require no clinicals. It works for me.
- Jan 26, '09 by blueheavenThanks for all the imput. I haven't written papers in a looooooooooooong time and that fact alone is scary for me. I hated it when in nursing school and I really don't look forward to it now. It is very difficult for me to get info from the brain onto the paper in an organized manner. How long will it take to complete if you take one class per semester? I could ask Tiffany but thought I would post it here...ha ha.
- Jan 26, '09 by susannycIt will be about 2 years, if you take one course at a time. That's what I'm doing.
- Jan 26, '09 by stressgalMy BSN was conferred in October with Chamberlain, took me just over 12 months to complete. I took on average 2 classes per session. I found them a dream to work with, very professional, quick to respond, and very few issues. You will write many papers if completing your BSN online. All APA format, you can buy an APA manual to guide you through. There are also computer formatting programs but I found them cumbersom. Most times you can have papers reviewed prior to submission by the instructor, professor or classmates. I appreciated the fact that there were few, I think one, group project. Good luck with whatever program you decide to attend. Getting my BSN was a wonderful process and learning experience.
- Jan 26, '09 by susannycThanks for posting the above. I'm currently in my 3rd class with Chamberlain, Eng 135. How were the math classes? I'm trying to test out of one, Math 092, so that I'll just have to take Algebra and Statistics. Any tips? Thanks in advance.
- Jan 27, '09 by stressgalI can't comment on the math courses. I had completed statistics at a local University as I was working on my ADN and did not need to take any math courses.
- Feb 11, '09 by wareagle31Are any of you having any problems with states accepting the online programs? I am looking at the RN-BSN program with Chamberlain...and I am a bit concerned that Georgia will not recognize the program... ??? Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!
- Feb 11, '09 by blueheavenDepends on the program. From what I understand if it is CCNE and/or NLN accredited there should be no problem. You didn't say if you were going from like a CNA to RN or BSN. School with the most problems I have heard is Excelsior. Check with the BON in your state prior to enrolling in a program.
I'm already a RN and just getting my BSN.