In our hospital, we check a lot of things before we hang the chemo. It has to be double checked by the 2nd RN who is also chemo certified.
- original order VS MAR VS Chemo Tag
- Patients Full Name
- Patients Medical record/ Account Number
- MD's Calculations VS Nurse Calculations
1) Do you ever check the pump too? Like how the primary nurse sets up the pump?
2) In the outpatient infusion center and/or hospital setting, do you check all the chemo all at once (for one patient)? Or do you check it one at a time prior to each infusion?
I'd appreciate your feedback. I'm just wondering how other institutions do their safety checks on chemo. I've heard some issues at work related to my questions above. Thank you.