Can 2% lidocaine be given im? - Page 2Register Today!
- Feb 7, '11 by Forever SunshineWe do mix lidocaine with IM rocephin. Not sure if its 1% or 2%. Call the pharmacy and ask them.
- Feb 7, '11 by SolaireSolsticeAh, good to know.
- Feb 7, '11 by bjaeramWe mix 1% all the time with Rocephin. Isn't 2% what they use to numb for sutures?
- Feb 7, '11 by CRNA1982Quote from panurse1231% Lido is 10mg/ml and 2% 20 mg/ml.I have heard of Lidocaine being mixed with Rocephin when given IM because it is painful. I think the difference between the 1% or 2%, is just that, 1mg/ml or 2/ml. I think IV doses treat arrythmias.
- Feb 7, '11 by bethann27I give it w/ rocephin & we have standing orders to order both @ the same time. It does hurt ALOT!
- Feb 7, '11 by NoimanurseI think you should stay with 1% lidocaine with the Rocephin IM due to the amount of lidocaine in ML that you need to get the rocephin to dissolve. There probably wouldn't be enough liquid with the 2% lidocaine. At least on our bottles of Rocephin in fine print there is directions on how much lidocaine to mix for IM injection.
- Feb 8, '11 by ukstudent2% lidocaine that can be drawn up is used to numb the respiratory tract during bronch's at my hospital
1% lidocaine that can be drawn up is used for painful IM injections and topical numbing suct as for placing central lines.
Lidocaine used during codes are in ampules and are packaged very differently.
- Feb 8, '11 by emt123277Not everyone in the ED gets an IV, especially in minor care. We typically mix our IM abx with lido. 1% or 2% may be an institutional policy but we use 1%.