8 or 12hr shifts? - Page 3Register Today!
- Sep 26, '12 by deleernI love 12 hours shifts.In my 6 week block, I only work 1 Monday. my weekends off are 4 day weekends. and I have a stretch of 6 days off during that block. You can't go wrong with that. I do like to work 3 in a row. It does take me 1 day to recover regardles if I work 1 or 3 days.
- Sep 26, '12 by KbmRNQuote from ashleyr34I have done 2 16s, sat/sun, & you have your whole week off which is awesome. Now i do 8-5 mon-fri as a case manager and the week seems to drag, but it does feel good to have a "normal" schedule and have the weekends completely off! Im 24 btw. I MISSED MY WEEKENDS!I will be graduating soon from the ADN program and was thinking about jobs. If I get the option, what shift is better 8 or 12 hour shifts? Twelve hours might be nice to get it all over and have more days off, but it sounds like you would get burned out fast. Any ideas or personal experiences?
- Sep 26, '12 by MorganalefeyI work part-time, and do 3, 8 hr shifts, and I really like it.
Next year, my youngest child will be in full time school, and I plan to work full-time. Then I will want to work 3, 12's. In the end, it's more time home w/the family
- Sep 26, '12 by ashleyr34That is so true, what is another four hours a day for more days off during the week Thanks!
- Sep 26, '12 by OnlybyHisgraceRNI'm try to convince my husband to let me work two days a week. Now, that I can do.
- Sep 26, '12 by GinginRNI have worked 8 hr and 12 hr shifts. My preference leans towards the 12 hr shifts. The shifts may be longer, but in my mind, having the 3-4 days off in a row make it worthwhile. After working 12 hr shifts, I returned to the 8 hr shifts for a couple of months. I felt as though I was living at the facility, and it was rare to get a couple of days off in a row.
The downside of the 12 hr shifts, especially if you work nights, you will feel as though you work, sleep, eat, and nothing else for a few days.
- Sep 26, '12 by ashleyr34That is a good thought, that if I work longer days then I will be able to have more time off to be involved with other things. It does sound like long days but several days off does sound refreshing!