Liability Insurance for nurses?

Nurses LPN/LVN

Published

While I was in school the teachers always said that once we graduate and began to work to make sure we get . I have talked to a few other nurses and I have been told different things one nurse said " I dont have ins. because usually the nurses that have liability ins. are the ones that get sued." and another that said that you really dont need it. Well I was just wondering how many nurses really have insurance what is your opinion on Liability insurance? I am about to start my 1st LVN job and I am wondering if I should get ins or not?

www.nso.com

Don't leave home without it.

Yeah, the facility has coverage for you. And if it becomes to their benefit to hang your butt out to dry they will in a heartbeat - and where's your coverage then?

Thanks for the info the facility where I am going doesnt offer it but I have looked up some prices and its not to bad.

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.

Nurses Service Organization (NSO) = http://www.NSO.com

Marsh Affinity (Proliability) = http://www.proliability.com

Specializes in Community Health, Med-Surg, Home Health.

(((Oh, Commuter))) You have moved up to Staff Member!! Congrats! They could not have picked a better person!

Specializes in Case mgmt., rehab, (CRRN), LTC & psych.
(((Oh, Commuter))) You have moved up to Staff Member!! Congrats! They could not have picked a better person!
Thanks! I had been wondering where you'd gone, as I hadn't seen any recent posts from you in a day or two.

I TOLD you that!

;)

yes, i got it as a Paramedic and kept it as an RN. about $125 a year. any employer that covers you is really covering himself and the ins. company's loyalty is to the employer. if they can settle and you look bad in the process, too bad. So i got my own.

check the coverage: www.hpso.com

I TOLD you that!

;)

I know...I just got my computer fixed today, and had to access and see for myself! I am totally thrilled for her!

Thanks! I had been wondering where you'd gone, as I hadn't seen any recent posts from you in a day or two.

Check The Break Room; Clean Sweep thread...that was what I was doing for the past few days...

If you get it during the first year of getting your license, you get 1/2 of the first year!

+ Add a Comment