Hepatitis B (+) for Dependent

World International

Published

Specializes in medical.

Hello! I need some advice for me and my wife. I am on my packet 4 for immigration to the US but my dependent (wife) is positive for HBV surface antigen but has been asymptomatic ever since she was diagnosed. I am afraid that when we go for the required medical exam that she will test positive then won't be granted an immigrant visa by the embassy consul. What can I do? I want to bring my whole family to the US. Please advice me. Thank you.

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC.
Hello! I need some advice for me and my wife. I am on my packet 4 for immigration to the US but my dependent (wife) is positive for HBV surface antigen but has been asymptomatic ever since she was diagnosed. I am afraid that when we go for the required medical exam that she will test positive then won't be granted an immigrant visa by the embassy consul. What can I do? I don't want to bring my whole family to the US. Please advice me. Thank you.

think it is a hard question to answer on this general forum, you may get some answers in the International forum. I would suggest taking some information from either GP or if she is under any consultants at the hospital regarding investigations and results with you when you eventually go for medical

Hello! I need some advice for me and my wife. I am on my packet 4 for immigration to the US but my dependent (wife) is positive for HBV surface antigen but has been asymptomatic ever since she was diagnosed. I am afraid that when we go for the required medical exam that she will test positive then won't be granted an immigrant visa by the embassy consul. What can I do? I don't want to bring my whole family to the US. Please advice me. Thank you.

From the CDC:

I am applying for immigration to the United States. My HBsAg test was positive. Will this affect my application?

No. Testing positive for HBsAg should not affect your application for immigration. HBsAg-positive persons are considered eligible for migration and adjustment-of-visa status. You will need to be counseled and have follow-up medical evaluation and care in your U.S. resettlement community.

here is the link:

http://www.cdc.gov/Ncidod/diseases/hepatitis/b/acip_faq_fb.htm

The person who is positive needs to have more serology done so they can be properly counselled. That can be done either here or overseas.

David Carpenter, PA-C

Moved to the International Forum for the sake of organization. Thanks for the link, David!

Specializes in medical.

Thanks for the link CoreO. It has been a big help. I just hope that the consul shall grant us all an immigrant visa so I can bring my whole family.

Specializes in medical.

Thanks ericenfermero. I do apologize. Kudos to you.

+ Add a Comment