PN in the philippines

World International

Published

hi mic here!!! finished lpn in the philippines.... i have multiple visa in the states but got no job for pns der:angryfire for filipino pns u cant work as pn if ur not an immigrant or citizen........

Specializes in ORTHOPAEDICS-CERTIFIED SINCE 89.

Hi mic. Welcome to allnurses. Is there a question there? Did someone tell you that you can work in the US with a PN diploma.

Why does this school in the philippines put up PN short courses where i studied for 2years and promised to land in the states as Practical Nurse!!!!! false hopes......... I tried applying in the states after passing the NCLEX and hoping to land a job as PN but no hospital nor nursinghome admitted me!!!! they said IM NOT AN IMMIGRANT NOR A CITIZEN SO WE CANNOT HIRE YOU!!!! whats d sense of 2years studying in my own country?! for those who are given these false hopes rom ur school better think it over.. but if u are a U.S citizen or an immigrant that course is good for you..... but for filipino citizens just study RN it would take long but its worth it in the end!!!!

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.

Sorry your PN program didn't inform you that immigration to US for nursing requires first level or RN credentials from home country. It is part of our immigration requirements.

Allnurses has several alerts in our international forum regarding this issue.

Now that you have this accomplishment under your belt, try to move forward obtaining BSN degree.

Best wishes and enjoy our site!

Check out: Video: Getting Started on allnurses.com

Hi mic. Welcome to allnurses. Is there a question there? Did someone tell you that you can work in the US with a PN diploma.

yap... my school promised me after passing the NCLEX exam i'll be able to work as PN in the states. which i just found out that i cant coz im just a tourist they said i must be an immigrant or citizen to be accepted. dey even told me under their law they dont petition PN? do u hae info about dat?

for my co-citizens think it over... if u knoe someone who is studying or some1 hus planning to study PN advice them not to waste their money and time and effort its just a waste u wont be accepted here in the states if ur not an immigrant or citizen.... just an advice coz it happened to me.... i passed the NCLEX but no job for me as PN coz im just a tourist in the states... if my visa expires here im gone unemployed in the philippines again!

your post is most timely, thanks! even if our respectable mods keep advising people no end that the PN route isn't going to get anyone to the u.s. legally, i still come across a LOT of posts asking the same thing...over and over! i hope your experience shake people back to their senses.

fo your sake, put this nightmare behind you and move on. don't get bogged down. you may want to go after a legit bsn this time. God bless you.

Specializes in ACNP-BC, Adult Critical Care, Cardiology.
for my co-citizens think it over... if u knoe someone who is studying or some1 hus planning to study PN advice them not to waste their money and time and effort its just a waste u wont be accepted here in the states if ur not an immigrant or citizen.... just an advice coz it happened to me.... i passed the NCLEX but no job for me as PN coz im just a tourist in the states... if my visa expires here im gone unemployed in the philippines again!

In your particular case, can you apply for a US student visa and enroll in an LPN to ADN program so that you can be an RN eventually? I am also directing this question to the moderators -- can Filipinos who graduated from an ADN program in the US and have passed the NCLEX-RN obtain an immigrant visa if they have an offer of employment from a US healthcare facility?

Mr. Mic, the reason why I brought this up is that LPN to ADN programs are affordable since they are based in junior colleges and they only take 3 semesters to complete (exactly 1 year). You just need a student visa so that you can study and stay here legally.

In your particular case, can you apply for a US student visa and enroll in an LPN to ADN program so that you can be an RN eventually? I am also directing this question to the moderators -- can Filipinos who graduated from an ADN program in the US and have passed the NCLEX-RN obtain an immigrant visa if they have an offer of employment from a US healthcare facility?

Mr. Mic, the reason why I brought this up is that LPN to ADN programs are affordable since they are based in junior colleges and they only take 3 semesters to complete (exactly 1 year). You just need a student visa so that you can study and stay here legally.

I think she only wanted to let the word out and confirm that PN courses done in the Philippines is not entitled for a greencard, w/c we have been saying all along.

Not sure about LPN (Phil) to ADN program (US) - I'll leave this Suzanne.

studying in the US and living there is not a problem for me bt financially its expensive for me and it aint practical because of the tuition. thats why is studied in the PI cause of the cheap tuition and yet the school promised me that ill b able to get a working permit, which is misleading.

Specializes in ACNP-BC, Adult Critical Care, Cardiology.
studying in the US and living there is not a problem for me bt financially its expensive for me and it aint practical because of the tuition. thats why is studied in the PI cause of the cheap tuition and yet the school promised me that ill b able to get a working permit, which is misleading.

Dude, try to get over that bad experience and quit lamenting on the fact that the school lied to you. Now you know better. Karma will bite them in the butt one day. The only way you can move on is to plan and research well what your next move is going to be so you don't make another mistake.

Where are you staying here in the US, are you with relatives? can they offer you financial assistance in the meantime? 'cause if the program I'm talking about is only gonna take another year...

You know, I was a clinical instructor in nursing at a community college here. I taught students in their Med-Surg clinical rotation. That's how I knew of the PN to ADN bridge program. I had students who were Filipino citizens under a student visa. If you want you can PM me and I can ask around how this can be done.

Dude, try to get over that bad experience and quit lamenting on the fact that the school lied to you. Now you know better. Karma will bite them in the butt one day. The only way you can move on is to plan and research well what your next move is going to be so you don't make another mistake.

Where are you staying here in the US, are you with relatives? can they offer you financial assistance in the meantime? 'cause if the program I'm talking about is only gonna take another year...

You know, I was a clinical instructor in nursing at a community college here. I taught students in their Med-Surg clinical rotation. That's how I knew of the PN to ADN bridge program. I had students who were Filipino citizens under a student visa. If you want you can PM me and I can ask around how this can be done.

tnx man but for the mean time i tink im just gna chill here at sanfrancisco wid my relatives and maybe fly back home 2 PI nxtweek to take up RN instead.

+ Add a Comment