Any online LPN or ADN programs out there?

Nursing Students Pre-Nursing

Published

HELP!!!

I have been searching online like crazy trying to find an online LPN or ADN program. Some sites are misleading and end up only offering extending education to those who are already LPN's or those with previous Bachelor degrees or who may already be an R.N.

What about those of us JUST STARTING OUT? Are there really No online options for newbies. I do know that clinicals are a part of everything, but I assume they could be setup as in the BSN online degrees - with preceptor sites?

My local school in Tucson (Pima Community College) has a two year waiting list :o

Anyone with ideas, I welcome your input!! :p

-Colleen

I have never heard of an online LPN or ADN online program, unless youre doing LPN-RN.

Sometimes they say its a 2 year wait, but you might get in a little sooner. I got in a semester earlier than I was supposed to, because a few people changed their mind. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Specializes in PeriOp, ICU, PICU, NICU.

Visit www.discovernursing.com

You will find a list of the schools without a waiting list and the ones that offer nursing.

Good luck

Since you are an Arizona resident, I would try: http://www.riosalado.edu. They have an online program, but it is only for state residents.

Good luck.

HELP!!!

I have been searching online like crazy trying to find an online LPN or ADN program. Some sites are misleading and end up only offering extending education to those who are already LPN's or those with previous Bachelor degrees or who may already be an R.N.

What about those of us JUST STARTING OUT? Are there really No online options for newbies. I do know that clinicals are a part of everything, but I assume they could be setup as in the BSN online degrees - with preceptor sites?

My local school in Tucson (Pima Community College) has a two year waiting list :o

-Colleen

Specializes in Acute Care Psych, DNP Student.

Rio Salado has no wait list. You can do Rio Salado online and live in Tucson. The clinical sites in Tucson are the VA hospital and Carondelet hospitals. I know you have to be an employee at the VA. I don't know about Carondelet, if you have to be an employee to do your clinicals there?

Let us know if you find out more about Rio Salado ok? I'm thinking about it myself.

Someone metioned Rio Salado in AZ as an option, and I am looking into it. I had heard from an R.N. friend of mine, that the students didn't come as prepared (after graduation) as they should be. Another friend is going there for pre-req's, and then transferring to the U of A. Anyone interested, their site is:http://www.rio.maricopa.edu/

If anyone has graduated from there and has any feedback, I'd love to hear from you!

-C.K.:rolleyes:

Specializes in Hospice, Pediatric, OB/GYN.

Are you sure it is only available for Arizona residents as they have partnerships with other state boards of nursing and they show an out of state tuition.

HELP!!!

-Colleen

Try Lower Columbia College, in WA. I don't know id they take out of state students, but I hear they do. www.lcc.ctc.edu , ok?

I trying for myself as well, I am also looking.

If you want to do LVN/BSN you can check with Indiana State University, they have the program online.

:nurse:

Western Governors University has an online program currently. As I see this was of 2008 and I'm sure the person who posted it has gotten her RN by now. I have been having this problem and I found , but unfortunately I live in Idaho. This program only serves 5 states. And Those are: Southern California, Texas, Florida, Indiana and Utah. The link below has more information. If you live in one of those 5 states and are considering your RN. Go for it. They also have an RN to BSN program as well. Good luck.

BSN with RN License | Online RN Degree | Online Nursing School

+ Add a Comment