sexual assault nurse examinerRegister Today!
- by gonzo1 Aug 28, '06recently got brochure for SANE 5 day course. Where and to what extent might I use this education for my benefit and my patients benefit. Working in an ER I do have to do the assault cases occasionally when they come in. Fortunately not a lot of them, although one day a couple of weeks ago we did like 7 in one day.
- Aug 28, '06 by sirIhelo, gonzo1,
i moved your thread to the forensic nursing forum. i gather you are interested? did you send for the brochure or was it an auto mailing?
check out these threads in this forum. might answer some of your questions.
how do i become a forensic nurse/role of the forensic nurse
forensic nursing - is it for you?
the sexual assault nurse examiner - sane
- Aug 28, '06 by gonzo1Siri,
it came in the mail, I read it and found it interesting although I had never thought about this line of nursing before. I am always open to any education that will help us in the ER.
- Aug 28, '06 by sirIgonzo1
it came in the mail, I read it and found it interesting although I had
never thought about this line of nursing before. I am always open to
any education that will help us in the ER.
- Sep 9, '06 by AllisonLPI work as a crisis counselor at a crisis center where we have a "nurse examiner" program. All the sexual assaults in the area that don't need to go to the hospital come to our facility where they meet with a counselor and are given an exan by an NP with forensic training. If the victim has to go the hospital, the nurse and counselor go to the hospital to see/examine the victim.