UCF- Accelerated BSN Starting Summer 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 9, '12 by NikkiliciousCara- SO glad to hear I am not the only insane one who is attempting this with 2 little ones at home We will have to have play & study dates lol.
Jacki- I have 2 dogs as well, who are also like my babies
- Jan 10, '12 by claytonreneeI went to the nursing information session in November and found out as long as I had 7/8 of the pre-reqs done I would still be able to apply to the program. I am happy to report that I finished submitting my application today. I had a bunch of loose ends to tie up: a readmission form (I graduated with my bachelors from UCF), a name change request since I was not married when I graduated, faxed my TEAS scores, completed my online nursing application, and requested a hold to be removed from my account. Shew....now I can breath.
I ended up with a 3.3 overall GPA, 3.58 science GPA, 3.54 pre-requisite GPA (minus the stats class that I am enrolled in Spring 12), and a 83.3 on the TEAS V. How does one end up with the highest GPA in the Sciences (just goes to show ya how much I screwed around in college with my previous Criminal Justice degree. ugh!)
I am not holding out too much hope because I am not sure how UCF will calculate my GPA considering I've had three classes that I re-did for grade forgiveness and a F in a grad class that I took (only grad class I took) so I'm not sure if they would calcuate that into my GPA. But its out of my hands now and I am going to keep plugging along and applying for other schools as well.
Good luck everyone!
- Jan 10, '12 by claytonreneeps. I also have three kiddos (ages 8,7,2). I too thought I was in the minority in that dept.
- Jan 11, '12 by NikkiliciousYay for other parents!
- Jan 14, '12 by NikkiliciousDeadline to apply is tomorrow.... everyone get their apps in?
Now, time to let the waiting begin!
- Jan 18, '12 by samiam856I'm already getting impatient....it's only been 3 days...anyone else feel that way
- Jan 18, '12 by NikkiliciousYES! I feel the same way. Please let the next 6 weeks fly by, lol.
- Jan 26, '12 by BlueSkies8263It feels like it has been months since the Jan 15th deadline has passed... so we get our acceptance/denied letters through our knights email account correct? or is it mailed to us?
- Jan 27, '12 by samiam856The UCF website says it takes 6-8 weeks for a decision letter to be mailed. 6-8 weeks? Really? I get it, there are a TON of applicants...but when you decide someone is a no can't you just tell them then? I guess I'm just being pessimistic.....I applied to 6 schools, and I think the waiting game might kill me before school ever starts
- Jan 27, '12 by NikkiliciousI was told that it would be via email, not snail mail. Also, a little tidbit from the advisor- they always send the emails on a Friday. So, it should be March 2/9/16... one of those Fridays. So... we all keep waiting and waiting!
This is the ONLY program I've applied for. Because of my family, I can't relocate for school. So I am crossing everything I can cross, and hoping the month of February flies by as quickly as possible.