UCF 2013 Accelerated BSNRegister Today!
- by Nursowiczka2b May 30, '12Hello everyone. I'm new to allnurses.com and I just wanted to say congrats to those who got into the 2012 UCF nursing program this summer.
I am a prenursing student at UCF as I am still working on a few prerequisites before I apply to CON.
Seeing you all on here, all going through the things I'll be going through next spring makes me feel better about this whole process.
Good luck to everyone!!! Strap in! It's going to be one kind of a ride from what I've heard.
Is there anyone out there who is planning on applying to accelerated program (ABSN) that starts in summer 2013? I'm starting this thread in hopes of finding many of you who wouldnt mind going through this somewhat stressfull process together!
I am very excited and hopeful that I'll be accepted next year. I already have a bachelor's degree in finance and investments so my #1 choice is the accelerated route, however I will also apply to the basic program as a back up option, which will start in the fall of 2013.
Anyone has taken TEAS yet? I took it in spring semester and scored 82. My overall GPA is 3.90 and prerequisite GPA 4.0 so far. I still have 4 prerequisites to complete. Should I retake the TEAS? I heard that scoring 90 or above makes you really competitive.
Thanks for all of your responses.
Best of luck!!!
- May 30, '12 by GitanoRNwelcome to the cite......aloha~
- May 31, '12 by caliotter3Welcome to the site!
- Jun 1, '12 by TrynafindmyCallingI am looking to take the TEAS soon. Any suggestions on what to study? Thanks.
- Jun 7, '12 by Nursowiczka2bI purchased a study manual version V for the TEAS from ati testing website. It is a nice way of refreshing your academic skills. I like the short chapters and practice problems at the end of each section. The book also has 2 comprehensive tests. Depending what on what kind of package you end up buying, there is also one that additionally includes 2 practice tests given online. It is a nice way of familiarizing yourself with the actual online format of TEAS that you'll be taking.
Good luck. Let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Are you applying to 2013 accelerated program at UCF as well?
- Jul 26, '12 by tigger514I going to try to apply for the basic program. Im coming from Chicago so I uber nervous about the big move
- Jul 26, '12 by tigger514Has anybody heard of the Hesi exam???? Is the teas anything like the Hesi???
- Aug 24, '12 by KslawnI am applying to the ABSN program at UCF for 2013 as well! I still need to take my TEAS test and after this semester only have one prereq to take in spring!
- Sep 2, '12 by lexiucfHi everyone!
I am also applying to the ABSN program for 2013! I just started studying for the TEAS, I purchased the ATI and McGraw Hill study guides. My last practice test I scored an 88%. I know above 90 is competitive, but does anyone know what the average is for the previous classes?
I just moved down here with my fiancé who started medical school at UCF. I am so nervous to start this application process, if I don't get in I don't know what I would do! Does anyone know if you can apply for both the ABSN and the standard BSN program??
Thanks! And good luck to all of the applicants!