Hillsborough Community College Fall 2012 - Page 19Register Today!
- Apr 1, '12 by TheJohnsonlhart thank you!
- Apr 1, '12 by jlaws07Hello Everyone,
Congratulations to everyone who got accepted and those on the alterntive waiting list. I just wanted put my GPA out there to compare using the Pre-Requisites I had either a 3.53 or depending if they used a higher math grade a 3.71, which they probarly didn't. However I would like to say to those people who did have a high Pre-requisite GPA it is also based off your current gpa if you are tied with another person or it can also depend on how many credits you have. I currently have 147 credit hours and will be graduating from USF in the spring with a B.A in psychology and B.S in health science. But I think this would make the difference if I had the 3.53 and was being compared to other applicants with how many credits I have and overall with 3.54. I hope this helps people. Honestly I have applied to a number of programs in the past including USF, UWF, FGCU, and UNF and all of them came back saying my GPA was too low so this is why I wanted to go to HCC. Good to luck to everyone again and make sure you turn in your acceptance by next Friday.
- Apr 1, '12 by surfergirlsflaI got my letter Thursday... GPA 4.0. Is anyone wanting to go to Plant City night and weekend?
- Apr 1, '12 by lhart027jlaws07 u didn't state if you got in, which i hope you did with your academic background
- Apr 1, '12 by startingovragainso00o...
- return confirmation form by April 13, 2012 w/ $38.00 (check/money order) drug test fee...
- complete background check prior to orientation date
- BLS/CPR etc... certification prior to initial class meeting
am i missing anything else needed in reserving a seat?
- Apr 2, '12 by hbedlingI got an alternate position and sent a certified letter today accepting the alternate position.
Does anyone know what the likelihood of an alternate getting into the program? How frustrating! I cant even celebrate yet and the waiting continues. Hopefully this is just a delayed celebration.
Also does anyone know when the alternates find out if they get in?
How many alternates are there? I know sorry for the 20 questions...I am just curious on where I stand.
Congrats to those who got in!! Also my GPA is 3.5
I also applied into SPC for fall. Will not find out I think until June! UGH!!!
- Apr 2, '12 by brandeekinshbedling: Last year some people got the call the day before orientation because a spot came open... it really can happen at any time. You never know how many/if/when alternates will get a spot because it all depends on whom on the accepted list actually accepts and passes background/drug/fingerprint tests. If you go back to last years, or even the Spring class that just started in Jan, you can get a pretty good idea of what to expect.
startingovragain: I think that is it. I mailed out my letter/check today. It sucks to go to the Ybor campus to do fingerprinting. Oh well... gotta do what you gotta do, right!
- Apr 2, '12 by hbedlingbrandeekins-
Thank you so much for your reply. I spoke with someone from the nursing department today and asked those same questions and pretty much got the same response. She could not disclose any information as to where I was on the alternate list, how many alternates or when we would be finding out if we get accepted? She did say it may be until after the orientation which is the end of June and if someone didn't pass drug screening/criminal background, etc then they will start on the alternate list. Could be Mid July she said. They will have a separate orientation one day for the alternates before the program starts.
It will be cutting it close. I guess I will have to be patient a little bit longer!! Thanks for the suggestion on looking at previous semesters as to what to expect.
Thanks again and good luck to you!!
- Apr 2, '12 by k.2012Well, I emailed the admissions specialist for health science and was advised to go meet with a counselor soooo, that's what I'll be doing tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be told there was a mistake in my GPA calculation!
- Apr 2, '12 by surfergirlsflaIm going to Ybor City tommorow to have the finger printing done. Mailed my seat acceptance letter out today. I'm ready to get this ball rolling!!