Petition to help new grads get experience - page 10
by brian Admin
In light of the struggles that new grads are having securing a job, this petition may be of interest to many of you. allnurses.com has nothing to do with this petition. We are not endorsing it at all. We are just sharing... Read More
- 0Bingo..u hit the nail on the head....hospitals are looking for ways to save money...new grads have MORE opportunity where I work....the economy is just bad for everyone....keep on looking ... it will come,,,get back in BSN school if you dont have it...sell yourself...things WILL turn around. Don't be afraid to take a position outside something that would be ideal for you or your family...a year of experience will open doors for you...you made it through nursing school...you can make it through the first year of experience working somewhere that is not what you really want. Who knows you may find a passion in say long term or home health care. Very rewarding and growing fields..not every one can work in a hospital..Good Luck out there!
- 0"Lastly, I think we should shut down all for-profit nursing schools (RN or NP level). Or just make it so that students at for-profit schools do not qualify for federal student loans - the problem will solve itself"by Myelin
Excellant point Myelin...start that petition.. I will sign...they are raking these poor students over the coals. I dont know how you would police that but we have a saturation of nursing schools in my area and many BSN grads are not even getting jobs unless they had the forethought to work somewhere and be a stellar employee they are not even considered where I work.Last edit by funfunfun550 on Jan 13, '13 : Reason: typos
- 0Jan 13, '13 by NightingallowSorry for so many posts! But I wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I was running out of ideas. LadyFree28 suggested the peacecorp Peace Corps and for any new grads out there this looks like a really good deal (notice it's a govt. funded program) although the health criterias are strict (i.e. no asthma, allergies, HTN, and prob something everyone in the US has) and the commitment is so long, 27 months, I think it's an excellent idea.
If any new grad has cash (ha ha ha ha ha) there is an organization ISL Online where you can pay for short volunteer trips out of the country for experience.
If anyone knows of someone looking to become a doctor, there is a "hand out" progam that is government funded at Welcome to CityDoctors (your welcome ) This looks like a wonderful opportunity and they are willing to give $150,000 scholarships as long as you commit to working in NYC. A promise of a job? Sounds good to me. Unfortunately I love nursing too much. The only thing I don't like is that it sounds like the propaganda I fell for with the exception of it being the prediction of a doctor shortage...also the deadlines are from 2012, but there is a contact you can email. I'll keep you posted on any other goodies I find.
- 1Jan 13, '13 by LadyFree28Nightingallow, I saw that you were volunteering at the ER...Sending positive vibes for land a job soon for your volunteerism!!!
Hope I didn't hijack the thread too much...Just wanted to give hope to a real crisis. I hope to create a thread ASAP for some ideas...if anything, this post helped a lot if people share their stories and bring some ideas to the table!!!
- 0Jan 13, '13 by Vines812Hey all!
Saw this and thought I should pass it along. I graduated 8 months ago and the job market here (Caliifornia) is horrible for new grads! I've heard many other places have similar situations. This could make a difference for future nurse graduates.Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Jan 15, '13
- 0Jan 13, '13 by NightingallowThis thread does have a lot of gems in it from all points of views. Yes, lets create a new thread for ideas! LadyFree28 would you do the honors in creating the name for the thread? I've already angered too many people with my petition wording . I honestly made it with the best intentions to help everyone in this bind. Yeah yeah, intentions smintentions...that and $2.25 will get me on the train.
- 1Jan 13, '13 by Mulan[COLOR=black][/COLOR]The Indian Health Service has job openings.
Newly Posted Jobs at IHS
Opened Job State