New Grad Nurse, First Job Question
- 0Jun 28, '12 by RN2bNicole1988Hello! After thousands of applications, I was offered a position (1 of 6) at Desert Valley Hospital. I was more than excited to jump for the offer when they told me they could train me in critical care. I just had a few questions. Anyone know the starting pay rate for a new grad in Victorville? Has anyone else been a new grad at this hospital?Are any of the other five who got picked to begin July 11th on this site?
- 3,093 Views
- 0Hi, just curious if you started Desert Valley and how you like it. I just got accepted to their new grad program starting in Oct. Was the starting pay $26/hr? I meet with HR later this week, so don't have any details yet. I am excited either way...I graduated in January, so I am happy to have a job!
- 0Sep 17, '12 by RN2bNicole1988Hi! Welcome Yes and I am currently at DVH and I must say I do love it! The pay scale sucks.. $26.81 starting off..but that didn't matter to me.. I just wanted experience and a job I love. The preceptors I had were wonderful and I had a great experience on the MedSurge floor. The contract is 3 years I don't know if they told you that but this hospital stresses growth from within so you can always advance yourself to a different position within those 3 years.. Hope this helps!
- 0Thank you so much for the response! I, too, am less concerned about pay and more about getting experience and having a job I love. I am thankful for the job and excited to start! I did know about the contract and I am fine with that. As my husband says, at least I know I'll have a job for 3 years. I am happy to hear you like DVH and maybe I'll see you there.
- 0Sep 17, '12 by RN2bNicole1988I'm not sure what unit you will be on, but when you first begin its 2- 12 hour shifts with your preceptor, one 8 hour shift with either a CNA, RT, PT, Resource Nurse, etc and one 4 hour shift thats a class with the other residency nurse. good luck! I'll be in ICU if you ever have any questions!
- 0Dec 31, '13 by mestrelaHow long did it take you to get started? I was given a verbal offer of employment the week of Thanksgiving for their January start date but have not received any written offer. I found out from HR that there is no financial approval yet (??) Do you nurses know anything about what is going on or if this is similar to what happened to you?