Hang in there new Grads and New Nurses it does get better..I PROMISE - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 13, '09 by rmejia97Thanks for sharing your experience. I'll be on my third day of orientation this Friday and you're right....it's very overwhelming. It is also sad that the more seasoned nurses have to behave in such a negative way when instead they should help guide new nurses in any way they can especially because it affects patient care which should be our universal focus. WHat's worse is that many times administration knows about the negligence and choose not to address the problem.
May you continue to have a successful career, as I too look foward to the moment I feel part of the team.
- Oct 11, '09 by nursenewbeI haven't even started yet, but you know what after reading your post I know I will be ok. I am a new LPN and I am going to work tomorrow to tell my DON that I passed and have my license. The staffing coordinator told me that she only gives new grads 5 days of orientation so this should be very interesting. I want to be on nights for a smoother ride but I want to be on days for orientation. Your post is so inspiring. It made me cry out of happiness and joy for you. I wish you the best.
- Oct 11, '09 by NewAggieGrad09Man I haven't even found a job yet! I keep a list of where I apply, and as far as RN positions, I have applied for 13 positions....interviewed for one, didn't get the job, and that was b4 I passed NCLEX. Passed NCLEX in August....only have gotten 1 interview, and almost 2 weeks later, have yet to hear from the nurse manager. Idk what I am doing wrong! Should I bug these hospitals to see if they have even gotten my apps?? I just wonder if there something that is keeping me from even getting an interview? I was told my resume was great, but maybe it isn't. I'm in tears everyday because I'm down to my last $90 in my account. My mom luckily has been paying my loans off, but she said I have 2 more months before she can't pay any longer. My sister keeps making jokes about how I'm home all day....she thinks I'm lying about even doing job apps. Nursing is my passion so I won't give up, but I fear if I don't get a job soon, I'll lose what I learned in school!
- Oct 12, '09 by nursenewbeI would suggest just walking on the floor that you would like to work on and talk the nurse manager in order to get to know him or her and tell her to pull your app from human resource. I have 2 tech jobs just got my LPN license and the hospital where I am working all of sudden cant upgrade me because the census is low. Yet, the very next day I saw two new orientees on the floor. I know when they got hired last month the census was low then too. So I am going to see the DON at my second job tell her I got my license, so I can get my start as a nurse in SNF. Everything is going to be alright, I just know that it is for you, for me, and all the other nurses. We was given this career to help people and I believe that God will put us in the right job for us. And you know what it may seem hard at first but be strong we wil survive.
- Oct 16, '09 by kt_bThanks for sharing your experience. I had my first day of orientation yesterday and already hate it. I'm on all weekend again, but with a different nurse and I was looking for encouragment tonight.
I'm not looking forward to the next year, but I've dreamed of being a nurse, so I'll have to push through and remember that it does get better!
- Oct 18, '09 by charley75OMG!! I can really relate to this post. I have been a RN for a little over six months and started in a very busy ER. I don't think the staff was quite as bad but I definitely have many times that I just don't think I can do this. We are so busy that I feel other nurses are unable to answer a ques. or help with a difficult IV start. The docs get frustrated if u haven't done something yet they want. It is all about getting the patients in and out that u dont have time to give quality nursing care. I like what I do and some shifts are better then others but it can be very stressful.
- Jan 6, '10 by Morettia2OMG I haven't been on this site in a very very long time...I can't believe this post is still a sticky...I can only say, one year ago I posted this...since then it's been well...i am not going to go on a tangent..I have to be up in a few hours for work...but when I get the time, I will update you and well I am so overwhelmed by all the nurses I touched with this post!!! KEEP ON DOING IT, WE ARE NURSES!!!!!!!!!!