Transfer of Excelsior credits to BSN program
- 0Nov 29, '12 by Medic625Question for anyone who has completed the Excelsior ADN program and then moved on to a BSN program: did your credits transfer or did you have to retake several of the prereq's? The reason I ask is because the micro and a&p courses don't have labs but the BSN programs I have looked into require a lab component with the science courses.
- 0sorry for the late response, but I've spent countless hours researching online bsn programs, and it comes down to this: the program either requires a nursing degree and license, or it requires the degree/license AND specific pre-req's. if they require specific pre-req's you're out. if they don't, you're in. unfortunately I didn't keep a list, but as an example, texas tech wants specific pre-req's and alderson-broaddus just wants the degree/license.
- 0I don't think that one will work. the 2012-2013 catalog requires quite a bit.
you have to be an ohio rn, graduate from an ohio school (or it can be evaluated for out of state), plus this (shortened) list of pre-req's:
Prerequisite Courses for R.N. Students
BIO 264 - Introductory Microbiology
BIO 265 - Introductory Microbiology Lab
BIO 266 - Human Anatomy & Physiology I
BIO 267 - Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab I
BIO 268 - Human Anatomy & Physiology II
BIO 269 - Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab II
CHM 251 - College Chemistry I
CHM 256 - College Chemistry Lab I
CHM 252 - College Chemistry II
CHM 257 - College Chemistry Lab II
- 1I already have the stats and chems from my fire science degree. I sent all my transcripts to the adviser and all the excelsior sciences were approved without the labs. I even questioned her when I got the approval. It's strange since their prereq list specifically states the labs. Oh well, good for me I guess.
- 0Jul 13, '13 by Pixie.RN, BSN, RN, EMT-P Senior ModeratorI had a spreadsheet of BSN programs! Ended up with Chamberlain and enjoyed it, but I don't recommend that one unless you have a fairly healthy tuition reimbursement from an employer -- it's very pricey. My second runner-up was the University of Wisconsin at Green Bay. They were fine with my EC sciences, but I would have needed chemistry. Online RN to BSN Completion Program: A Professional Program in Nursing - University of Wisconsin, Green Bay