Health Safety-Mystudygroup101Register Today!
- by rhudo Jan 28Hi. I'm new to this site and new to Excelsior. I have chosen Mystudygrouo101 as core study material. I'm wondering what strategies work for others with this material. There is a lot of content and multiple practice exams. This is all helpful, but narrowing things down would be great. ANY tips are welcome and greatly appreciated!
- 3,228 Views
- Jan 29 by brandi45805Rhudo, I wonder the same thing. I am studying for the a&p exam with study group too. I am waiting on my other book to arrive. The study guide does have a lot of content and practice questions I am just following the Excelsior study guide with it for now.
- Jan 29 by rhudoI'm getting the feeling following the Excelsior study guide as a "syllabus" with the Studyguide101 study material will be the best route. Many participants on these boards have also expressed success with the Excelsior practice exams.
In the 101 Health Safety study guide, the nursing process is highly emphasized. There's just sooo much info and most of it is repetitive. I'm struggling with narrowing things down.
- Feb 3 by rhudoHey all. I found all the textbooks Excelsior recommends on EBay and Amazon. I'm going to use Study Guide 101 as supportive material. The "meat" of my studying will come directly from the textbooks. I found the tests are written from the same material the college recommends. That seems the most reasonable way to study.
- Feb 3 by tnmarieI used the recommended reading as well and I'm glad I did. A lot of people have success with SG 101 but I didn't really find the few I purchased that helpful. I usually cast them aside pretty quickly. I've actually outlined most of the chapters from the recommended reading. If you want a copy of my outlines, PM me and I'll send you a link to where I posted them.
And do use the study guide. I can't imagine taking a test without it. They are the most valuable study resource, IMO.
- Feb 3 by CLUVLPNEveryone studies using material that works best for them. I used studygroup 101 guides as my sole study material for all the nursing exams as well as for a few of my general education requirements; I didn't use any textbooks at all. Perhaps using mainly textbooks with studygroup to reinforce is what will work best for you. Good luck in your studies!
- Feb 23 by NurseCupcake9Quote from CLUVLPNDid you only use studygroup 101 guides? For everything? And what timeline did you use to get everything knocked out ? I'm getting ready to start my pre reqs next month thru excelsior before I enroll into the nursing programEveryone studies using material that works best for them. I used studygroup 101 guides as my sole study material for all the nursing exams as well as for a few of my general education requirements; I didn't use any textbooks at all. Perhaps using mainly textbooks with studygroup to reinforce is what will work best for you. Good luck in your studies!
- Feb 23 by BrillyDI used sg101 for everything, and I do have the books, but on several of the exams I barely used the textbooks. Just got the CD called Care Plan & Assessment so I can start working on FCCA & CPNE. I did 3 CLEP & Dsst exams and I took transition and health safety on the same day (rough! didn't try that again!) and then every few weeks I did an exam until my liquid assets ran short ; ), had a gap of a few months between LS 2 and 3 (burnout maybe?) but now I'm saving for FCCA & CPNE now, hope to do FCCA in the march round - I wanted to do it all out of pocket so I wouldnt have extra debt.