Excelsior transition exam - page 4
Hello folks. I recently passed the health safety exam. Didnt do as well as I wanted for my first core nursing class. I studied for 8 days and managed to get a "C" using the TCN module and the practices tests. Im now preparing for... Read More
- 0Sep 28, '11 by ts41I was wondering if you started out with Rue or College Network and used there study guides to help you with the exams or what? I don't know where to start. I was told to start with rue and they will provide me with all the materials I need to pass the Excelsior exams once I transfer over to excelsior. The only thing that I'm afraid of is Rue require a contract to make payments, that's if you can't afford to pay for it. Is it the same way with Excelsior or can you pay as yoou go and don't have to be in a contract? Someone please help
- 0Sep 28, '11 by ladsideQuote from ts41If you're not gonna use EC's recommended textbooks, go to Ebay and type in Excelsior College. You will save yourself thousands of dollars by finding Rue's materials or The College Network stuff, if you just gotta have that stuff. But be forewarned that if you fail an exam and you didn't use the recommended textbooks, you cannot dispute your grade.I was wondering if you started out with Rue or College Network and used there study guides to help you with the exams or what? I don't know where to start. I was told to start with rue and they will provide me with all the materials I need to pass the Excelsior exams once I transfer over to excelsior. The only thing that I'm afraid of is Rue require a contract to make payments, that's if you can't afford to pay for it. Is it the same way with Excelsior or can you pay as yoou go and don't have to be in a contract? Someone please help
- 0Dec 13, '11 by NurseMaryBQuote from lfdfiremedicMay I ask Which Saunders? The Review and Comprehension or just the questions? I've taken this test before and haven't passed. Is there anything in particular you recommend studying? Thanks!I used studygroup101 and practice exams. Studied for about 4 weeks and got a B. I was ready after 2.5 to 3 weeks to take it but had prior obligations to take care of. I just purchased the Saunders NCLEX and would highly recommend picking one up. As far as the practice tests, I take them right away. After doing so, I study each question and each answer thoroughly to make sure I understand the concept. Good luck and PM me if you have questions. Good luck to all.
- 0Dec 13, '11 by NurseMaryBQuote from gatormedic24So which would you say prepared you the most for Transition? The SG101 or TCN? I have SG101 and have been studying but I do not have the other. Any recommendations you can give for me passing would be great thanks! And, continued good luck on your exams!!Ok so I passed Health Safety in a week with a "C" and took Transition to the professional registered nurse role on Friday and got a "B" after studying for 8 days. If you're having doubts about transition just go ahead and take it. It was not difficult at all. I used TCN and SG101 and took the practice exams. Im flying through these faster than I expected. Im not enrolled but I have done the application and sent in my certification and transcripts. Does anybody know when I can access the course outline for chronicity?
- 0Apr 11, '12 by buckshotQuote from Me yoderHi Yoder, Have you taken transitions exam yet? I just printed off the content guide so I will be starting to study for it in the next couple days... I have also heard that theorists are important to know as well as the laws are too! I never took a class in LPN school that had the majority of content based on these things (laws, history of nursing, theorists, etc.) so I am a little bit more nervous for this one vs. health safety. Good luck to you!Hi, im getting ready to take the transitions exam. i feel like my head is spinning because of all the content. as far as the exam goes, you want to know the wars, theorists, laws and associations???? What else is important to know? Thanks!
- 0Jan 5, '13 by Pixie.RN Asst. AdminQuote from blueyed04TCN = The College Network. They publish study guides and many students are under very expensive contracts with them. You can usually find used TCN modules on eBay.Hello, I was wondering what are TCN modules? I am currently enrolled in excelsior and I haven't heard of that study material. Also, I am taking Sociology CLEP now, and was wondering how you studied for it...Thank you for any comments