Excelsior JournalsRegister Today!
- by tommys girl Jan 23, '12Does anyone know what happened to the Excelsior College Journals on their Nursing Discussion Board site? This was an important resource for those preparing for the CPNE!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=665629©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,884 Views
- Jan 23, '12 by LunahRNHmmm, no clue. That is pretty weird, though. Have you asked any faculty about it?
- Jan 24, '12 by LoopsRN2I graduated on 1/20, so I am unable to log into the communities anymore but noticed that they were gone almost a week ago while I was still able to log in. I would give EC a call and see if they have any info. Maybe they are in some kind of archiving project?
A few of us posted our journals here at allnurses, but you would need to do a search for them.
- Jan 24, '12 by Nervous1I am seeing some being posted to the main topic for CPNE, not specially a Jornal heading anymore. Didn't they just switch platforms, maybe they combined them all into one section? If you find out from EC, let us know
- Jan 25, '12 by tommys girlupdate on excelsior journals!
nurse faculty replied:
"i believe the cpne journals have been removed due to misinformation
being written in them by students". maybe they can't monitor every post
and that's too bad. i feel like i'm being cheated out of an important resource
for preparing for the cpne. i'm not there yet, but always read them and i saved
several with good info...... including yours lunah!Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Sep 11, '12 : Reason: formatting
- Jan 25, '12 by reebokHCFRhaha, I wonder whose opinion it is that they contain misinformation. "oh look, here's a negative comment, it's not possibly true so let's shut it all down!"
- Jan 25, '12 by tommys girlI really don't understand their reasoning for getting rid of the Journals. They have a moderator on there for questions regarding the nursing exams, CPNE prep ,etc. It's not like they have an overwhelming amount of Journals to begin with! A large number of people just post something like "I Passed"! and never post a Journal. Maybe Excelsior Nursing students will start posting on the EC face book page or here on Allnurses EC page!....My mission that I choose to accept is to spread the word of continuing
EC Journals!...Wish me luck! Lol!
- Jan 25, '12 by BeachieRN84I never did post mine on the Excelsior website because I included a ton of details and even the names of my examiners, and I wasn't sure how that would fly with them (even though there was nothing negative). I would be happy to share mine with anyone interested, let me know your email and I will send it :-)
- Jan 26, '12 by Nervous1Maybe we could persuade the moderators here to give us a EC journals topic for posting of journals only, either by test post or file upload.??
- Jan 26, '12 by tommys girlThat would be great!