Excelsior exam: Transition to the Registered Professional nurse Role - page 3
by sw915 37,813 Views | 33 Comments
I am studying for Excelsior exam: Transition to the Registered Professional Nurse Role. This test is unlike most tests; it is not illness-intervention based. Can anyone how has taken the test (and been successful) advise me to... Read More
- 0Oct 17, '11 by MandylpnQuote from savagetrojanAgreed! Very dry subject material! But valuable info as far as legalities, etc.Unfortunately....this exam is very dry subject material. The only advice is to study and memorize. If I had to pick out a good point for this exam it's simple. This is MEMORIZATION...plain and simple. No "what ifs" no, "two answers could be right"(when only one is), no critical thinking. You either know the stuff or you don't. That my friend is the cold hard facts, I wish I could tell you something different but I can't. IMHO this exam wasn't any harder than the other ones.
- 1Jul 8, '12 by BrillyDQuote from little miss redpatchI'm taking this next week! Have been studying with studygroup101 and the practice exams till my eyes cross!I took this exam a few weeks ago. I would study the major nursing theorists, the nursing associations/organizations, laws, rules of DNRs and delegating things. A lot of it is common sense with some historical and critical thinking questions mixed in. I just used StudyGroup101 along with the practice test and got an A.
- 0Sep 25, '12 by natnat122Quote from Mr. BeeMr Bee did you take it and what did you study? I just took Form A (without studying, I just signed up..) and got a 55 which I think is pretty good for not knowing what to expect..Thanks for the tips. I am studying for Transition to nursing role also. Hope to take it next week. Just took the practice exam.Made a 59 in form A and a 71 in form B. Do I have a chance of passing?
- 1Dec 11, '12 by MesiamI took the test last night and passed. Was not prepared for it 100%, even tried to reschedule but you cannot do it the same day. With that said, I used studyguide101, EC practice exam-went over it few times, and scored first time ONLY 59 and 58. Never retook it but studied it. The rationales are good to go over..also EC syllabus questions. Now I'm starting micro..
- 3Dec 13, '12 by BrillyDQuote from MesiamGood job! I used SG101 too and passed - no books gotta love it!I took the test last night and passed. Was not prepared for it 100%, even tried to reschedule but you cannot do it the same day. With that said, I used studyguide101, EC practice exam-went over it few times, and scored first time ONLY 59 and 58. Never retook it but studied it. The rationales are good to go over..also EC syllabus questions. Now I'm starting micro..
- 0Dec 15, '12 by Kiamoo21Passed my Transitions today... So glad it's over. My advice, pay for the practice exams. This is the first test I took that I used them and I kick myself. If its mentioned on the practice exam it's going to be mentioned on the actual test. I don't think I would have passed without it.
- 0Dec 7, '13 by tommys girlFor those who have passed Transitions this year (2013). Does SG101 have a good study guide for this exam? I did not find their material helpful for the Lifespan series. In my opinion they weren't that in-depth for the broad test questions asked. What was successful for you in breaking this exam down and retaining the information? I prefer the critical thinking test questions we usually take and I hope there will be some on the exam??? H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)