CPNE less than 2 weeks awayRegister Today!
This is a discussion on CPNE less than 2 weeks away in Excelsior College Online Nursing Degrees, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... My CPNE is scheduled the 1st of March in Madison, WI. After being an LPN for 20 years and working...by chrissymae Feb 16My CPNE is scheduled the 1st of March in Madison, WI. After being an LPN for 20 years and working on the Excelsior Program off and on for the last ten years, I could not be more nervous and scared. But I'm studying and putting in the time and effort necessary. Put my mind is fully open to suggestions if anyone has a few good ones they would like to share. After 20 years of having to get RNs to help with my patients needs, it sure would be nice to be able to hang a unit of blood by summer time!!!!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=815898©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 624 Views
- Feb 16 by LunahRNPractice, practice, practice!! Are you practicing labs? Did you make a dummy for practicing assessments, or are you practicing on your family members, etc.? I think it's the repetitious hands-on that is really helpful. Best of luck!!!
- Feb 16 by chrissymaeI have been doing some dummy practices. The nurses at the hospital where I work are going to pitch in and try to set up a bunch of dummy stations every evening after we clock out next week. It's the care plan and documentation that I'm most anxious about. I haven't done a care plan that wasn't preprinted in 20 years!!! And I didn't like making them then. Lol
- Feb 16 by John SPNI test in two weeks as well. March 1-3 in Utica. I'm on the other end of the spectrum from chrissy having just completed my LPN program in April and now so close to finishing my RN. Ughh its been a crazy 22 months.
- Feb 17 by BeachCathyRNGood Luck to you both and like Lunah said practice, practice, practice. I think that is what made my weekend easier-I had practiced so much could do it in my sleep!!
- Feb 20 by erlissyGood Luck! We've been there! You can do it. Just keep focused, don't rush, and stay calm (this is the most important thing with the CPNE!) and then when you pass treat yourself to a nice massage/mani/pedi or whatever is a good stress reliever for you!
- Feb 20 by Peterjoy93Quote from John SPNHow long did it take for you to get your CPNE date?I test in two weeks as well. March 1-3 in Utica. I'm on the other end of the spectrum from chrissy having just completed my LPN program in April and now so close to finishing my RN. Ughh its been a crazy 22 months.
- Feb 21 by KitkatPRNI feel your pain !! I'm testing March1-3 @ St. Mary's in Madison. I'm starting to second guess eveything !! OMG, we have so much invested !! Just have to calm our nerves and do what we've practiced over and over and over !! Good luck to you ~~ We CAN do this !!
- Feb 21 by BrillyDGOOD LUCK! Stay focused and try to stay calm - You guys can do this!!! Make us proud
- Feb 26 by TaraGibbonsYou can do it. It's a show of 1. Keeping your professional cool 2. Showing that you know the critical elements a. in front of the patient b. on your paperwork 3. Showing them that you deserve the title of GN (really RN). If you are well studied, know your critical elements and have a plan to deal with stress and can show what you know...you are going to pass!