CLEP Humanities & Sociology
- 0Jan 16 by savy31I've been approved to CLEP my Humanities and Sociology credits. Just wondering if anyone out there are taken these and advice on studying!?
- 648 Views
- 0Jan 16 by TiffyRNI took the Humanities CLEP almost 2 years ago. I'm copy/pasting the thread where I discussed it. It was reasonably easy for me but I had substantial exposure to arts & music due to dear mom (thanks!) but I had to brush up a lot on literature.
- 0Jan 16 by WorseNurseHere was my response to the other Clep thread. Intro to Sociology is really easy.
www.free-clep-prep.com has a lot of good information on versious clep/dsst tests.
I used www.degreeforum.net to study for this test. They have a monthly service where you get access to flashcards for the various tests. You also get access to their member only forum which has a lot of great tips on what to study for the tests. It is like 20bucks or something for a month. I used just that degreeforum site and cramed for like 6-7 hours and passed the sociology CLEP.
A thing to remember about CLEP tests is that they are pass/fail. Don't spend a ton of time aiming to get an A on the test. Just strive to get the pass and move on.
- 0Jan 16 by UltraposhI hear the best clep for humanities is Analyzing and Interpreting Literature. Some people studied for only one day, some people didn't study at all. Its mainly reading comprehension and some terms like anomotopea and then I think some Shakespeare and other poet questions. Type a&i lit or "analyzing and interpreting lit in the search box to read other peoples experiences. Its 6 credits! An easy 6 I hear! I forgot the recommended books but I know rea clep books are good and whichever book I looked into that was recommended had good reviews. Sg101 also has a free flashcard download for a&i lit and other clep exams.
For sociology, Ive heard people cram in only 6 hours of study and pass. I plan on buying the REA sociology book. Heard great things.
- 1Jan 17 by CarolinaSantanaQuote from savy31And for humanities if you know any foreign language you can fulfill it, I'm taking Spanish with UEXcel. That will give me 6 credits without studying. 😃😃😃I've been approved to CLEP my Humanities and Sociology credits. Just wondering if anyone out there are taken these and advice on studying!?