indepenent nurse assessorRegister Today!
This is a discussion on indepenent nurse assessor in Entrepreneurs in Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Hi everyone I have recently been working an extra job for an agency that has me assessing...by nycrncares May 7, '09Hi everyone
I have recently been working an extra job for an agency that has me assessing individuals in private residences or long term care facilities, who have long term care insurance. The fee that they pay me is about 1/4 of what they actually bill. Since it is plenty of paperwork after the visit, plus gas etc..I thought why not do this as my own business. I do know other RNs who would love to make the extra cash. Plus the thought of being in charge of my own business sounds like a great challenge.
I do love meeting the families and clients. I am very compassionate since I have been down that road before with some family members.
Any one have any ideas or suggestions. Please let me know.
ThanksLast edit by nycrncares on May 7, '09 : Reason: title spelled wrong
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=389899©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 9,574 Views
- May 11, '09 by RubyRN,CHPNI sent you a private message....hope to hear back from you soon. Thanks.
- Jul 27, '09 by 2leeRNHi, I'm interested in doing field assessments for insurance companies...I have an agency but want to expand. Any idea of what companies pay? Does anyone know how to get started...any help would be greatly appreciated...
- Aug 20, '09 by yellowtulip2004PM me as I'd like to talk to you about this type of nursing. Thanks
- Sep 4, '09 by merrymmaryI'd like to know how to do this directly for the insurance companies as well. Does anyone know?
- Jun 5, '10 by KikumaruI have done this too but need more clients to network with. Can someone direct me to different corporations that need care managers / field assessors?
- Jun 5, '10 by KikumaruI believe it's a conflict of interest for insurance companies to send nurses out to do this. They contract with companies to do this.
- Jun 15, '10 by tlancioIn response to the message from Independent nurse assessor, I think what you might be interested in is being a Geriatric Care Manager. You can own your own business doing this.
There is an association called the National Association of Geriatric Care Managers you might want to check out.
Hope this helps!
TinaLast edit by sirI on Jul 12, '10
- Jul 23, '10 by armywifenurseThis interests me very much as well. Wish there were more nurses on this board with experience in this area that could provide some insight.
- Jul 28, '10 by yellowtulip2004Can you PM me regarding your post. Thank you.