Funny patient names by nurses - page 2
by Kidrn911 43,029 Views | 124 Comments
This could be fun what are some of the funniest names you have heard out at triage? I had a teenage mom that came in I asked what the newborns name was, she smiled and state "Sparkles". I kept a straight face and thought to... Read More
- 0Dec 25, '05 by alakaeaQuote from traumaRUsThe Shi thead one is pretty funny. I read that name in the recent book, Freakonomics.I live in downstate IL and we have Orange Jello pronounced Orangelo, Yellow Jello pronounced Yelangelo and those are only my top ones...oops almost forget...YourAPreciseAngle which (believe it or not) is prounced You are a precious angel - someone couldn't spell too well that day.Last edit by traumaRUs on Dec 26, '05
- 0Dec 26, '05 by ganursechickI had a girl that lived down the street from me a long time ago, and her mom and dad were HUGE SF 49 football fans at the time. Mom got pregnant, and they decided they would name the baby JOE MONTANA SMITH.....well the baby was a girl. so they named her JOANNA MONTANA SMITH and yep they called her 'jo'
A girl i used to cheer with had daughter and named her HARLEY
now i have a daughter that i spelled her name different than normal i admit, she is REBEKKA but that is not too weird.
my mom and dad know a couple that have a son, and his name is (I swear) RONALD MICKEY MCDONALD.
- 0Dec 26, '05 by EmeryQuote from KatieBellJust Curious is Baby Boy was from the US originally. It's a really common name in Liberia.
Along with the names which are (I think most are nice) Blessing, Comfort, Remember, Mamagirl, BigBoy, and a lovely tribal name that doesn't translate well- Fat-U (Pronounced Fahtu. )
I come from a big family and my mom thought about naming my last sister Remember Patience. Our local newspaper lists all the siblings with the birth announcements and she thought it would be funny for that to be the last of 10 names! lol
- 0Dec 27, '05 by goats'r'usi named my goldfish after celebrity babies. Had great fun researching them - i have Apple (Gwenyth Paltrow + Chris Martain), Poet (Soliel Moon Fry (aka Punky Brewster), as if her own name isn't bad enough), Dweezil and Moon Unit (Frank Zappa), and my favourite, Speck Wildhorse (John Mellencamp). Wanted to have a Reignbeau (i forget whose child this one is), and a Jermajesty (Jermaine Jackson), but tank size did not permit.
i was thinking today actually, you know how some people call their babies after the place they were concieved, like Dallas, Paris, Brooklyn...? Well, do you think in Asia there's a whole heap of babies called Ho Chi Minh, Nagasaki, Tokyo, etc?
- 0Dec 27, '05 by FuzzyI work with animals. If you think that people give their children weird names, look through the files at a vet hospital. We have a horse named "Peckerhead", a dog named "Budlight", several cats named "Freeway", "Highway", with couple of "No-way's" in the bunch, a snake named "Penis", another dog named "Sex" and this right along with pets named "Tasha", "Cody", "Kodi", "Codee", "Codi" (there are many ways to spell Cody and of course the owner expects you to know how to spell the particular Cody). Then there are all the interesting ways to spell Cheyenne, Dakota, Tilly, Millie, and of course Cat. Pets named, "Sweetums", "Baby", "Sweetie", or "Sugar" usually require a muzzle because they have a tendency to bite. Meanwhile those that are named "Killer", "Macho", "Harley", or "Meanie" are great to work with. We don't see any "Fido"s but we see quite a few "Pheido"s. I wonder about pet owners sometimes. Is it "Lassie" or "Lassy"?