ENA: Emergency Nursing OrientationRegister Today!
This is a discussion on ENA: Emergency Nursing Orientation in Emergency Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Has anybody taken the Emergency Nursing Orientation Course offered through the ENA? The link is...by LG1137 Mar 19, '12Has anybody taken the Emergency Nursing Orientation Course offered through the ENA? The link is here: http://www.mcstrategies.com/enaorientation/index.htm
A Hospital I am looking at has it as a job pre-requisite for the ED. There's not too much info listed on the ENA website. 43 modules and about 63 CE hours. Are there exams involved?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=687742©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,695 Views
- Mar 20, '12 by Esme12Since you need to prove competency of completion and there are CEUs involved....of course there will be exams.
- Mar 20, '12 by LG1137Are you having a bad day, Esme12?
I'm looking for anybody who has taken the course to share their experience. It's not cheap and I want a little more info before I commit.
- Mar 20, '12 by Esme12Not at all. I have been a long standing member of the ENA. If you are going to get CEUs they have to have a way to ensure competency by testing. Being involved with the ENA for many, many years I will tell you that if you want to work in the ED and they are offering a course.....it will be worth it's weight in gold. Even if you don't get the ED job....I am sure it will be useful information. Re-reading my post it did sound short.....I was running my kids to the bus.
- Mar 20, '12 by PudnluvMy hospital paid for the ENA triage course for a group of us. I can say it was well worth it and I learned quite a bit. I've also taken TNN and ENPC. I would definitely recommend taking any course they offer, even if it means paying out of pocket. The information they have is invaluable for working in the ED.
- Mar 23, '12 by ptenerLG1137,
This is also a pre-req for a job i am looking at. What is the cost. I didnt see it on the website.
- Mar 25, '12 by LunahRNI did this as part of my ED nursing fellowship four years ago. It was fabulous. It was based on readings from Sheehy's, and there are little exams and activities (matching terms, etc.) throughout the learning modules. I think I ended up earning about 55 CEUs (a few of our modules were optional).
- Aug 31, '12 by hiddencatRNI'm moving from a pediatric ER to an all ages ER and I'm tempted to get this....it's so expensive though. I paid out of pocket for the ENPC without hesitation, but that extra $179 is making me pause.
- Sep 8, '12 by TheSquireMy dept was doing this for new orientees, and paid for it...until the hospital ownership changed, the checks to ENA bounced, and they've not resumed them since.