Quote from LunahRN
We'll be using PICIS -- a product called "ED PulseCheck." We're not taking it in steps, though -- no, we're jumping right in, too doing everything electronically. The docs will have to do all the orders and the discharge papers, which ought to be interesting. We "go live" in about 3 weeks.
Yep, that's the same one as IBEX.
Overall not bad, I do get really tired of constantly having to go from hand-on-the-mouse to the keyboard to type something. If it was set up quicker to "TAB" through the fields (like some DOS programs) I could work with that; but the constant back and forth of mouse-keyboard-mouse-keyboard is a drag.
I also hate that to DISCHARGE somebody I have to go through a plethora of screens/steps - each of these is a NEW screen that you have to go through and ENTER. I wish it could just be ONE screen...
1) Type D/C diagnosis (ENTER, then to NEW Screen)
2) Type prescriptions (ENTER, then to NEW Screen)
3) Type D/C instructions (ENTER, then to NEW Screen)
4) Type work/school note (ENTER, then to NEW Screen)
5) Do Med Reconcilliation form (ENTER, then to NEW Screen)
6) Do the Disposition screen.....FINALLY DONE!!!!
Down time SUCKS when we do the "upgrades"
You say you guys aren't doing it in a "staged" roll-out; I imagine (and I think you said before) your place is a bit smaller than ours, so maybe less "ancillary" folks to get on board.
I've heard of other programs out there, but I'm not familiar with any one but IBEX/PICIS so I can't compare. But overall it's just a "tool" for me.....