what is the salary for RN's in Connecticut - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 8, '08 by julietooHi Babycatcher, I did not mention in my previous post that I am an RN returning to the work force after many years home with my children. I worked on a womens health unit. We had everything from high risk ob to post partum complications to gyn med/surg to fetal demise. I just finished a 5 month rn refresher course(the course included several weeks of clinical on med/surg unit). So I guess I'm like a new grad....but, not really. lol
- May 6, '08 by crunchymomx3I'm starting as a new grad at Bristol Hospital making over $60,000 for 36 hours on nights.
- Oct 13, '08 by gemma74Hi Everyone,
Planning to move to CT next year. I was offered a RN position in Bridgeport Hospital. With my experience, I could choose between ICU and Angioplasty Suite. Anybody know if there is any pay difference between the two, and what about the work load and nurse to patient ratio? Which area is nicer to work?
Thanks a lot!
- Oct 13, '08 by trepinCTanyone know the pay for Danbury hospital? St Marys? Waterbury? Midstate? trying to get a feel for whats out there when I graduate in May
- Oct 19, '08 by ThornbirdPay is low because there is not a nursing shortage. It is mostly hype. The shortage that exists is not mainly hospital nursing.
There are shortages of RN's in some areas like critical care areas that are demanding and require extra certs. There is a shortage of home care nurses, especially pediatrics, pay in that area is usually $25/hr or better according to need. There is a shortage of LTC nurses in some locales. Doctor offices rarely use RN's mostly medical assistants, when they do use nurses, the pay and benefits are bad. Community Health Centers have shortage of RN's and LPN's, the pay is not that great but benefits are very good. RN's working through Home Care agencies doing skilled visits usually get about $35 to $45 per visit, sometimes you can do 2 or 3 visits in an hour.
If you want women's health, you might try Planned Parenthood and similar clinics. Most do not perform abortions on site, if you have an issue with that.
- Jun 25, '12 by CTlmtthis info is about 4-5 years old now. does anyone have updated information on pay in ct?
- Sep 7, '12 by JaeJalQuote from julietooYea, does anyone have any updated salary information? I'm also interested in knowing...Hi everyone! I have been looking around this ct forum to see if I can find out just how much an RN can make...hospital, visiting nurse or Doctor's office? I have tried the salary.com site, but, can it be accurate??? Why is the pay soooo low? Any one out there work at Hartford Hospital, New Britain General or UCONN? I look forward to any input/advice. Thank you!