How hard to get into Metro Fast Pace Bachelors of Nursing Program?
- 0May 28, '11 by ashafferJust wondering how difficult it is to get into Metro State's bachelors of nursing program (accelerated)? I am curious to know what kind of GPA you need?
Thanks to anyone who has any info on this!!
- 0Jun 13, '11 by lkk0718At the info session, they stressed pre-req GPA is the only thing they look at. It's the only way for them to compare applicants. They will also review your essay to make sure that you know what you are getting into. They will not look at your previous Bachelor's GPA. Average GPA was above 3.5 for pre-reqs. They also said a many in the latest class were CNAs.
- 0Jun 16, '11 by ashnm88Does anyone know if you must have pathophysiology completed before you apply to Metro's Accelerated Program?? It is the only pre-requisite I have not taken. I am also wondering where people have taken pathophysiology at? Or if they only accept the pathophysiology course offered at Metro? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- 0Jun 17, '11 by lkk0718Last time I checked their website you had to complete Pathophysiology at Metro before applying. I took HES 3850 from ****. It was a hybrid course - about 3 hrs of lecture a week. Great class.
However, I was told at an info session earlier this year you could take Bio 216 instead. Conflicting information. If you can, take the Metro class with ***. You'll learn so much.Last edit by jb2u on Jun 17, '11 : Reason: Names removed per the terms of service.
- 0May 7, '12 by ec7855I'm an applicant for Fall 2012 and had my transcripts sent to Metro for review of my patho class. I took patho at a community college in metro Detroit and they said it would transfer. However, this was an "unofficial" decision so we'll see if I get a surprise in a few months. For the good people who are currently enrolled or graduated from metro, would you be so kind as to share your thoughts on the program? I'm from Detroit and while I would move to Denver in a heartbeat, I would like some reassurance that this program is worth it. I've been talking with one of the heads of the program about their accreditation status and she says everything will be taken care of. How are the facilities and faculty? Are things run efficiently? Please shed a little light for I would truly apprecite it. Thank you. -Mike