Denver residentsRegister Today!
- by iliel Sep 15, '03Any one out there from the Denver area? I'm planning on moving and wanted to get some input on the city from the ppl who live around there.
What areas are nice to live in?
How's the job outlook? Did you have an easy time finding one?
Just want some general input.
If you want to PM me, feel free.
- 4,913 Views
- Oct 28, '03 by J. B.I live in Colorado Springs Col 60-70 mile south of Denver
I do have a sister who has lived in Denver and the surrounding area for years and for a period of time I used to.
Are you still looking ofr information?
- Nov 1, '03 by NursesruNI'm interested, Canadian ICU nurse looking to test things out with a 13 week agency gig to see what Colorado is like. Suggestions comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
P.S. if iliel made it to Colorado let us know where and what you think.
- Nov 1, '03 by mother/babyRNFort Collins and Estes Park, near the mountains about an hour away, are both absolutely beautiful. My brother lives in Fort Collins and the trek we took to Estes Park in the mountains was almost but not quite enough to take me away from the ocean...
Absolutely beautiful and close to Denver.....
- Nov 1, '03 by J. B.Travel gigs in Col (Denver) placement would most likely be Denver or Colorado Springs Both fairly close to Sking and resort towns. Idea would be Dilon, Glenwood Springs, Brekenridge, Fort Collins , Boulder, Jrand Junction. All fantastic and Beautiful.
I Know of a very experienced and establishes Travel Nurse Agency Here in Colorado Springs. Over 20 Years in the business and Carol and John Smalligan would take great care of you covering all the bases.
Colorado is Beautiful this time of year and of course it is in high demand by travelers so asignments may be tight. Cant hurt to try.
Heck This type of talking has made me think that I may be interested in finishing my Basment and offering temp housing at a discount of any housing allouance provided to a traveler.
I am alway trying to creat a pipeling of passive income. Assessts thats the key.
Good luck in checking out Colorful Colorado.
BTY what part of canada I used to live on the bourder at Niagara Falls New York back in the 60-70's
- Nov 1, '03 by ilielHi there!
Haven't made it to Denver yet. I've decided to stay here until I finish school (2 more year..ugh) The wait lists are keeping me here.
I am going out to Denver over Thanksgiving to check out homes and see what areas we like.
Even though we're not moving for another 2 years, I'm still very excited! It'll be nice to live in a "normal" city:roll
- Nov 3, '03 by J. B.If you give me your price range and what you are looking for I may steer you in a few neighborhoods that might suite your needs. What do you say?
- Nov 4, '03 by NursesruNThanks for the input. Gotta go look at a map.
- Nov 9, '03 by COLOGIRLI'm from Denver, I graduate in May. I might be moving back up there. There are a lot of good neighborhoods to live in. Depends on $ and time you want to travel. Some of my favorite hospitals are the following:
University Hospital and Craig Hosptial are both ranked in top 100 hosptials. Health One is a level one trauma center. St. Anthony's Central is also a great hospital. There are many in and around denver. Luthern Medical Center is a Magnet hopsital. It is located in Littleton. Any of the suburbs of Denver are great places for kids to grow up. The commute downtown is not great, but it's liveable.
Let me know if you need websites or further info.
Good Luck, Colorado is Awesome.
- Nov 9, '03 by kastasI would take any of those websites you wanted to offer.
We are also contemplating a move to Denver. I have a phone interview set up this week with St. Jo's. Know anything about that hospital (esp. L&D). We have also thought about me going with a travel company to get them to pay for the living in the beginning. This would buy us more time to look around the town. SO, John Bosco, if you want to give me the name/# of the company you know of I would love to talk to them.
My husband is very leary about the thought of moving b/c we know nothing of the neighborhoods or schools. Soooo, ANY info would help. I'm not big on the thought of a long commute. Any decent neighborhoods in town with decent school? I prefer private, but not to expensive school. LOL, is that possible? We go to a Catholic private school now and the price is just right.
Any help is appreciated. You can email me @ Kastas@yahoo.com. Thanks. Terri