can't believe what they are doing .. - Page 6Register Today!
- Mar 15, '09 by robynvNot long only 1 semester. Do you think TEAs factors in score wise or just if you don't pass with the 70 you won't be accepted? From what the person i spoke to said, you can apply and get accepted contingent on whether you have a passing score. GPA matters most and if you have a degree or health care experience it helps a tiny bit. I'm worried because my GPA is only 3.2, i got a C in A/P 2, due to stress and my daughter breaking her arm TWICE over the semester impossibley during tests 3 and the final. I missed a b by 7 points (had larry).
- Mar 16, '09 by CBsMommyI was told that the TEAS factored into the score but now I'm not too sure. That's one of the questions that I am going to ask on the 26th at the information seminar. I'm taking the day off work just to make sure everything gets done. I'm taking the TEAS on the 3rd so that will give me some study time as well. I can tell you that the counselor I spoke to said not very many people have a 4.0 and that a lot have the bare minimum so there's a chance! If a lot of people have 3.2 GPAs I want to know how they are going to factor who to take. Are they going to take the 3.2s in the order they were on the waitlist? Or are they going to take the 3.2s with the highest TEAS score? The same goes for all of the GPAs, not just yours but mine and everybody's. Knowing PPCC, they haven't got all that figured out yet. I am still going to try and do great on my TEAS test to make sure that I get a high schore. When are you going to go to the information sessions?
- Mar 16, '09 by robynvThanks for your input.. good questions. so they told you most have the minimum grades? Well I hope so then, I can see why if it wasn't competitve and you only had to have the 2.5. Well that would help me as I'm in the middle I think.
The reason I wondered about TEAS is that person I spoke to said you could wait to take it , as long as you took it by May 4, and since you have to apply by April 13 how can that be a factor? She said you would be accepted on a tenative basis providing you got the passing score.
- Mar 16, '09 by CBsMommyI agree. I did see that in the letter, that the last day to complete the TEAS was May 4th. I wonder when the committee is going to meet. I know the letter is going out on May 29th so that gives them three weeks to decide. I mean, it shouldn't be rocket science but I am going to add this to my list of questions for the 26th info. session. Are you going to an info session? I was think of going to both because I think that would help to gauge how many people I'm up against. I know that not all people on the waitlist are actually going to go to PPCC. I'm sure some choose other programs like DSON and Concorde so they don't have to wait. I'm sure some choose other routes and degree programs so they don't have to wait. I'm hoping we're not up against that many people and that we get to start sooner than later!
- Mar 17, '09 by robynvYes I plan to go to the session I hope it isnt longer than an hour as my kids get out of school at 3:35 in Falcon!