FL CNA moving to NYRegister Today!
- by thejackattack21 Jul 16, '09Hello everyone!
I received my CNA license in Florida in April, but will be moving to New York in August. Does anyone know if there is some sort of reciprocity between Florida and New York, so that I can find a job without having to take another exam?
- Jul 17, '09 by dedreamHello not sure exactly how the process works but you could try calling the ny state registry @1-800-274-7181, maybe someone there can help with your question and get you on your way. Good Luck!
- Aug 31, '09 by Paco-RNYou've probably by now found the answer to this question on your own, it's the end of Aug and you're prob already in NY. For anyone else looking for an answer as well, there is reciprocity between Florida and New York. All you have to do is provide your current FL certificate and no retesting is required. Handbook is at the following link (see specifically pages 7 & 8 of the PDF, which are labeled as pages 3 & 4 on the document itself - section labeled "Certification route 2 - reciprocity/CNA from another state"):
- Sep 2, '09 by MiwilaThat info helps me out. I'm in the exact same situation and was under the assumption I would have to retake the CNA test before working in NY.
- Sep 12, '12 by rayah20heyy i would like to find out more about this information im in the same situation !!! i tried to to go g[COLOR=#003366]http://www.prometric.com/NR/rdonlyre...ok20081113.pdf[/COLOR] but its no longer there
- Sep 13, '12 by Paws2peopleThere is a because we both use Prometric to test.