CNA's taken off schedule after passing boards?Register Today!
- by ORnurseCT Aug 1, '12I just found out my hospital takes all CNAs, PCAs, CSTs etc off the schedule when they pass their boards. I never thought about this until some coworkers were taken off the schedule in July. Fortunately everyone was offered a RN position.
My question is. Is this normal? What did you do for work until you were hired? I am a Surgical Technologist the last tech to become a nurse was able to work as a scrub nurse until her RN orientation started. This isn't the case anymore.
It motivates me to work hard to find a job my last semester, but also I'm concerned about paying my mortgage.
- Aug 1, '12 by serenitylove14This is actually happening to me. I have worked as CNA for 3 years at this particular hospital applied for a nursing job and didnt even get an interview. So I just took my NCLEX and passed and I will be telling this next week. Its in one of our policies. I will apply for unemployment until I find a new job.
- Aug 2, '12 by kponderRNI would imagine this would be the case because you are no longer considered a CNA once you pass NCLEX. Hopefully they would help you find a position as an RN though
- Aug 2, '12 by serenitylove14Yeah its really sad, but expect it to happen once you have a license number on the boards. My employer found out before I did so I have a feeling she has been looking every once in a while to make sure. Anyways, be prepared for this and also the ATT you receive for taking the NCLEX is only good for 90 days I believe anytime after that date and you will have to pay all that money to take it again. Good luck!
- Aug 2, '12 by oluchikaQuote from serenitylove14My ATT says it is valid from 6/27/2012-12/24/2012, so it might vary from state to stateAnyways, be prepared for this and also the ATT you receive for taking the NCLEX is only good for 90 days I believe anytime after that date and you will have to pay all that money to take it again. Good luck!
- Aug 2, '12 by ORnurseCTThanks for your posts. I don't graduate until May I just want to be prepared.
- Aug 2, '12 by serenitylove14Thats awesome they offered you a job!! I had my meeting with my manager and had to put in my resignation letter today
- Aug 3, '12 by ORnurseCTI started the job 20 years ago.