State of CA CNS vs. NPRegister Today!
- by allsmiles2008 Dec 21, '09Are they the same in California? Does anyone know? Can CNS also prescribe meds, diagnose, etc?
- 4,904 Views
- Dec 21, '09 by traumaRUsHere is a link for (hopefully) the info you are requesting:
- Dec 22, '09 by allsmiles2008I have looked at that site and it still doesnt answer my questions. It is so general. I basically want to know: 1) Can I diagnose? 2) Write orders? 3) Write prescriptions 4) Order & Interpret diagnostic labs & tests
In other words, do what Doctors, NPs do....
- Dec 22, '09 by caliotter3I have never heard of any nurse having prescriptive authority other than a NP.
- Dec 23, '09 by VentNut_RNI have the same question regarding CNS vs. NP, but in Florida...anybody have a link for some info ??
- Dec 23, '09 by VentNut_RNAlso, does anybody know if CNS' in FL are considered advanced practice nurses?? Thanks in advance !!
- Dec 23, '09 by traumaRUsNope - doesn't look like CNS's are APRNs in FL:
"Florida will recognize the title CNS as an upgrade to the RN license but CNSs will not have the title of Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP). "
- Dec 23, '09 by allsmiles2008Thanks everyone for the great info! That was very helpful and will help me in making my decision on Masters programs.