i'm finishing up my bsn and as one of my very last classes i need to collect "interviews" on certain specialties for a paper. i did not write these questions, they are the required format that must be turned in for the class. the interviews must be turned in as well.
imho these sound akin to essay questions and i apologize for them being so wordy. i am writing a summative paper based on the answers from these questions so i do not need a "paper" from each respondant. however, since i have to synthesize the answers to write my own paper i do need them to be thoughtful enough that i can write a coherent comparison/contrast for various specialty practice areas. i do not need complete sentences and anyone that has time to answer these for me would have my most sincere thanks.
i am in need of
1. np or cns
2. nursing administrator such as manager, cno, don, etc
3. educator, either faculty or staff development
4. infection control or qi
5. staff nurse with bsn or general msn that is not a aprn
if you have a kind heart and would help me, would you please post your specialty below
and answer the following questions in a doc or rtf file and email them through my user profile? i appreciate any response, i am not working right now due to some circumstances with our military move and i don't have any "network" in this area, only my friends here at allnurses. i only need one of each of the 5 above but if you are interested in participating and your specialty is already taken, i'd be happy to pass along your info to some of my classmates that don't use allnurses currently and are struggling to find someone in person with the time to answer this exam
1. discuss how you utilize and value the knowledge of other disciplines to solve patient care problems. what team members are you most often engaged with, and what is the unique expertise of each?
2. describe how you demonstrate appropriate teambuilding and collaborative strategies when working with interprofessional teams.
3. how do you see care applied within your particular nursing practice situation?
4. describe the roles of different nurses (e.g., clinical nurse specialist, nurse executive, bedside nurse) in promoting safe and quality outcomes of care for diverse populations.
5. describe how you apply quality improvement processes to implement patient safety initiatives and monitor outcomes. how are nurse-sensitive indicators monitored in your institution?
6. describe how nurses facilitate patient-centered care in your institution and practice. how are patient-centered care and advocacy similar to and different from each other?
7. describe a situation in your practice in which you could see that the principles of ethics, professional nursing standards, altruism, and human dignity affected your nursing practice or a specific outcome.
8. describe a patient care initiative in your organization that improved outcomes and enhanced cost effectiveness in care delivery.
9. describe how nursing research has improved or changed a particular aspect of patient care in your institution. how is the research project different from quality improvement activities?
10. describe how information technology and patient data are used in your institution for ethical, effective clinical decision making and how patient confidentiality is protected.
11. describe a particular situation in which you have been involved with the roles and responsibilities of a major healthcare regulatory agency that affected patient care quality, workplace safety, healthcare reimbursement, or the scope of nursing practice.
12. compare nursing practice roles for the registered nurse, clinical nurse leader, advanced practice registered nurse, and clinical nurse specialist in your clinical setting. describe specific differences in their duties, knowledge, and abilities.