RN-BSN July 2012.. - Page 5Register Today!
- Aug 3, '12 by DisneyjamieQuote from JerseyGirl13I am taking Cultural Diversity next (sept), Do you have any pointers for me? How was it taking 2 at a time? I found that transitions is fairly easy but I also heard that it is the EASIEST of what we have to take...Transitions seems WAY easy so far. Cultural Diversity isn't hard, just very time consuming. I'm not looking forward to the final paper AT ALL!
- Aug 3, '12 by JerseyGirl13Yes, I too have heard Transitions is the easiest and it's definitely proving so. The instructor that I have for Cultural Diversity grades pretty tough. I'm not sure if that's a standard for sociology majors or not, because my instructor for Cultural Anthropology graded the same. She expects in depth discussions and you must fulfill her requirements in order to get full points, same goes for assignments. My pointer is...not to go into it too lightly, and read the rubrics. I am desperately needing a job and am discouraged right now with the lack of progress I'm making on that. With that said, taking 2 classes at a time isn't so bad for me because I have nothing else going on. However, I do think about how I'm going to set aside enough time to complete all assignments on time once employed. I know of people who have families, work full time, and are successfully mastering 3 classes a session. I don't know how they do it because I could not. I'm crabby enough to my family with just 2 classes. Next session I'll be taking Algebra and Health Assessment. I heard HA is time consuming as well.
- Aug 5, '12 by Emilynn09I am working full time and taking Transitions and SOCS350N; I don't have children but I have dogs and a husband and I am finding that I have more than enough time to complete the assignments in both courses. I usually start the discussions with my response on Sunday, and reply once a day throughout the week, and do the assignments on my days off. I am done by Thursday or so with everything and I still have time for just about everything that I used to before hand. Perhaps I watch less TV, but that's about it. Going like this, it should be no problem as the courses get more difficult as I still have some time to spare now. I'm not finding SOCIO too difficult, but as a previous poster said my instructor is a rough grader. I have a 99% in the course now, but I always tripple check my APA, and have someone read over my papers and I make sure to treat the discussions like a mini research assignment. It is very involving in that sense, but not difficult. From my perspective this program is very doable- even if you have more responsibilities, and what's nice is you can always do one class at a time if you need to free up some time in your life.
Best of luck! I don't think you'll be disappointed.
- Aug 5, '12 by Jess_Missouri_RNI am currently in Transitions and Cultural Diversity and my professors in both have been great. I just signed up for English Comp and Health Assessment for September. I usually start my postings on Tuesdays. Each class requires different posting requirements so I just make sure to post on a schedule. Mine is Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday's. I work on my projects throughout the week with Friday evening being my submit day. So far it's working for me. I do tend to spend more time on the computer than I had hoped for but if I get on line in the evenings I still get some family time.
- Aug 17, '12 by aclovlyOnly 2 weeks left, How is everyone holding up? For me, Cultural Diversity has been enjoyable but time consuming. I am doing great in both classes.I have really enjoyed starting this program. I am afraid to say that my journey may be ending. Due to changes in finacial aid/ loans , I no longer qualify for grants. This is going to push my completion time, way off. Not to mention, increase my student loan amounts.I am very disappointed, as 2 of the reasons that I chose this program was due to the accredidation and completion time. I hate to start over but I don't want to be in debt with student loans,nor do I want to be still trying to complete program in 2014. This is a real bomber !!!
- Aug 18, '12 by Emilynn09Sorry to hear that you may leave. That's such a bummer. I'm also still enjoying the program and doing well in both courses. I'm ready for next semester!!!
- Aug 23, '12 by JerseyGirl13How's everyone in Cultural Diversity doing with their research paper? OMG...I'm sooo not motivated and have barely touched it. Am hoping to get a lot done today and tomorrow. NEED MOTIVATION, STAT!!
- Aug 23, '12 by aclovlyI understand, I wish she would have waived the discussion posts this week to allow extra writing time. They take so much extra time. I have to crunch down to get mine done, I have not made very much effort either. We can do this, Lets go !!!!
- Aug 23, '12 by JerseyGirl13Thankfully, I did the initial posts Tues night, but totally forgot about the Transitions one. I've made progress and am about halfway done. I rather take tests than have to write this paper! Ugh!
- Aug 23, '12 by aclovlyI am so glad it only has to be 6-8 pages long. I am defitely shooting for 6, lol. Sometimes writing can be a pain. The bright side is with writing, we don't have so much studying to do.
Take care and Best wishes!!!