Statistics course advice - Page 4Register Today!
- Mar 30, '11 by Berkshire1995Trust me, it's well worth it. I am about to start my clinicals. Frontier provides an excellent education, the professors are extremely knowledgeable, supportive, and really make you think through situations in creative and resourceful ways. This is not an easy program. It is rigorous, requires a lot of work, but the end result is a feeling of competence and being able to provide excellent patient care.I wish you the best! If you would like to ask any more questions, I am happy to answer them, if I can.
- Apr 17, '11 by peeweedeliveryIs that for bridge studenst? Or for those who already have a BSN?
- Apr 19, '11 by kloneIf you already have a BSN, then you presumably have already taken statistics. The statistics course is mainly for the bridge students, or for those students who, for whatever reason, the stats course they've taken isn't accepted by the school.
But if you've already taken a stats course and physical assessment course and you have a BSN, you should be good to go for entry into their MSN program without needing to take any additional classes first.
- May 10, '11 by summerstarsI just finished an online stats course at a community college that offers in-state tuition for all online classes no matter where you live. It was very affordable! The class itself was okay - I didn't really interact with the teacher and basically taught myself, but I have always been good at that and I learned a lot. It was an easy class because the quizzes were multiple choice (but not the exams.) If anyone needs help finding a good statistics course, PM me and I'd be happy to share the school.
- May 13, '11 by RNTX2002I'm currently taking the Univ. of Utah online statistics course. I chose this one because it was half as much as the one at Frontier $832 vs $1750. Honestly, I was deathly afraid of taking statistics again (it's been 12 years since the first one, and I hated it then and struggled with it). The UofU's course has been great so far. You get 9 months do complete the entire course and I like that I can work at my own pace. Homework assignments are not too bad. You can do them as many times as you want to improve your grade. I haven't taken the midterm yet, but the midterm and final have to be a proctored exam. I'm taking it at the local University in my city. Also you can take the midterm and final twice each if you want too. Hope this helps, good luck.
- Jun 3, '11 by mathilda843RNTX 2002,
Thanks for the good info. I am also looking for an online stats course. I have seen this one before, but now cannot get into the web page.
- Sep 20, '12 by summerstarsA lot of people are PMing me to ask about what school I used, and I can't message them back because I don't have 15 posts (so I guess I shouldn't have said to PM me!) I used Washtenaw Community College in Michigan.