I'm in need of a good resource for an EKG examRegister Today!
- by dlc17RN Aug 2, '11Hello everyone, this is my first thread and I am wondering if there is anyone out there have any suggestions of a book or website to practice reading EKG strips. I am a new RN and got a job at a cardiothoracic stepdown unit. One of the requirements is for us to pass an EKG exam which I bet myself it'll include reading, interventions of what you'll do for a certain strip, etc. I'll be in a two day in class lecture just for EKG's and I thought this should be enough information to prepare for the exam but I am wondering if there is a good source which I can practice beforehand. I'd really appreciate for any input. Thank you!
- 2,394 Views
- Aug 2, '11 by SanukI found the book EKG Interpretation Made Incredibly Easy extremely helpful. Take a look on amazon and you could probably get one used. I know there are also a lot of websites with test strips you can look at. Good luck!
- Aug 2, '11 by dlc17RNGreat! I may not have time to order it online but I'll go to Barnes and Nobles and will check some websites. Thank you for the informations.
- Aug 7, '11 by turnforthenurseRNI love that skillstat EKG simulator!
As for books, I second ECG's Made Incredibly Easy. ECG Workout (by Jane Huff RN) is another excellent book that was on our required book list for nursing school.
- Aug 17, '11 by MarenHill13I love this it is great.
- Aug 24, '11 by sharifi9879only ekg book you'll ever need 6th
authors: thaler, malcolm s.
[color=#231f20][color=#231f20][color=#231f20]rapid ecg interpretation
[color=#231f20][color=#231f20]christopher p. cannon