case management certification
- 0Oct 24, '12 by thekidAloha all, I've been doing case management for almost two years now, my company hired me as a two year grad with previous clinical experience..I kinda lucked out getting the job but now I'd like to check into getting certified as a case manager, so two questions please
1) which credentialing sites do you recommend and is there a course that needs to be completed for testing?
2) my company is also offering 3k a year towards tuition reimbursement so I'm thinking of finishing my BSN and online courses are included in the deal. Can anyone recommend accredited online courses for RN to BSN? I have a strong background in psychology (I do a lot of behavioral health CM right now) , when I was in college 12 years ago I was about 3 semesters shy of a BS in psych, luckily many of those credits may apply towards a BSN (or maybe I can earn both)
- 9,819 Views
- 1Oct 25, '12 by MBARNBSN GuideThe Commission for Case Management Certification has the information you will need to get prepared to become CCM certified: Professional Case Manager | CCMC. If this link does not work, use the main website and go to the link for Case Managers off of the home page: CCMC | The Commission for Case Manager Certification
If you want to be ACM certified, go to the American Case Management Association: ACMA : American Case Management Association. If that link does not work, the certification materials are here: ACMA : American Case Management Association.
The certification you get will need depends on your employer or your interest. Good luck!!!
- 0Oct 28, '12 by BahaMamamaRNI just recently passed the exam for the first one mentioned above CCM through the commission for case management certification. Often I see positions for preference for the CCM in the midwest area.
I also just recently completed my RN to BSN program through Indiana Wesleyan University. They have online and onsite programs. I did the onsite program for my BSN. I am currently in the online MSN program there.
If you have additional questions about my experience at IWU send me a private message.
- 0Dec 26, '12 by jkeslerThe ANCC also has a good CCM certification process that is universally recognized. The cost is comparable to the others mentioned and they give a discount if you are a member of the ANA. If you belong to your state association you might be a member of the ANA.
You can find the ANCC CCM information here Nursing Case Management - American Nurses Credentialing Center - ANCC
- 0Jan 24, '13 by MBARNBSN GuideQuote from ray24Do you have prior Nurse Case Management work experience (1-2 years)? If not, you cannot take the CCM exam any time soon.Hi. I'm looking to go into the case management side of nursing. What study materials did you find most helpful when preparing for the CCM exam? Did you find the exam difficult? Thanks!